Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
Is this the appropriate thread for paramotors? Only read last two pages, don't hate me please.

E: Read the OP and yes this is apparently the thread for this stuff.

Content! I am about to close on a purchase of my first paramotoring equipment. Is there anyone in the Oregon area that does this sort of stuff already? I need airbuds.

ChewedFood fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

Volkerball posted:

What did you get, and where? I'm planning on going to a training thing here before the summer is over, but I'm still a little ways out from being able to buy everything. Not in the Oregon area btw.

I got an entire setup from Kyle at power2flyusa.com. I won't discuss price but mention it if you're military and he'll go all out to make it work for you. He also hosts a school out of Corpus Christi, Texas.

G8 frame and harness, Moster 185 plus, Dudek Universal wing. I convinced him to toss in an hour meter so I could monitor for maintenance better and an exhaust temp meter. Should be to me in two weeks he says. Very good service in my opinion.

I'm taking the cheap route to training since most schools are $1500. I'm going to try to get a ground school for a few hundred dollars and see if that's enough for me to be safe, otherwise I'll be reading as much as I can on safe practices. I've already put in over 20 hours of reading on how to control a paraglider and equipment handling. I'll probably put in another 20 before I even touch my gear. I've gotten a few offers from people to help me out so I don't go crashing and giving everyone a bad rap.

Honestly, I was hoping I would stumble into a group that would help me get training for cheaper. It doesn't seem to be big here in goonland but my work has an amateur airplane group I need to join and maybe I can link up with some paramotor guys there that can help me get the basics down.

I'll upload my first crash here since I have a GoPro.

• Locked thread