Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Ferris Bueller posted:

Pretty much this with the exception of previous heart attacks. It's really expensive to get a class three medical after a heart attack that many guys just don't and continue to fly. Wrong, yes, but the hosed up nature* of the FAAs Aeromedical division kinnda forces peoples hands

That and antidepressants. Only recently have they made it at all possible to get a medical certificate while taking them, and even then it's only for a specific list of approved drugs. Plus it's considered a special issue certificate, meaning extra hassle convincing the FAA that you're capable of flying safely.

Colonel K posted:

I've been out the past couple of days in a friends kit built plane.

It's a vans rv8 and I've been very impressed with it's abilities. It has to be up there with one of the best sensible private aircraft to own.

I've been thinking that it'd be cool to have a Van's with a Delta Hawk diesel engine. That or one of the composite canard planes.

http://www.deltahawkengines.com/

It wouldn't be cheap, but it'd still be way less expensive than buying and maintaining any certified plane with better-than-average performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread