Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Temporarily bringing this thread back to the dead after binging it in it’s entirety. GF wants to make a whole day of the Renaissance Faire this summer and have us and a bunch of friends dress up for it, and I’ve decided I want to make some leather shoulder armor for a kind of barbarian warrior deal.

But this is not that! Because I have never worked with leather before! So I stopped at the Tandy shop down the street to look around and find something basic and simple to start with and learn some things and the lady was very nice and eager to help me get started. I picked out a tri-fold wallet kit, some dye and sealer, and a cool lil stamp. I can see that dyeing definitely takes some practice and patience because mine came out a little splotchy and uneven, the stamp would probably be better served with a bench top press because I only hit it once and still got a rebound bounce and it duplicated the image like a millimeter off. And it took me about half of the project to learn to pay attention to my stitching :v: And I need to practice making my backstitches neater, that’s been difficult for me so far.

Anyway now I have a big double shoulder hunk of cheap veg tan that I’m excited to hack up and practice doing some projects from scratch, and the best part is now I need to go buy some NEW TOOLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU