Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hello all, so I am not sure if this is exactly the right thread to post this but I think it is since it pertains to working with leather.

So I have a leather jacket that I like to wear, but the issue is whenever I wear it the back part of the jacket sticks out and it looks like I'm wearing a short leather cape. It has laces in the back too. My question is, how can I get it to fit my form more when the jacket is open? (When the jacket is closed the back of it is pressed against my back). It's just when it is unzippered the back tends to stick out. Here is a picture for reference:

This is the jacket when it is open (unzippered):

This is the jacket when it is zippered, notice how it fits my back

(please excuse my filthy mirror)

So what can I do to have it fit my back like in the second picture but have it unzippered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

cloudy posted:

I'm gonna say that there's not much you can do there, unfortunately. Though I could just be thinking inside the box, I'm curious if anyone has any ideas.

It looks like you just need to find a jacket that actually fits you. That one looks really really big on you from the pictures.

However, depending on how thick the leather is, you could try taking it to a tailor so they can take it in to your actual measurements. Not sure if any tailors in your area are equipped with leather sewing machines, but it's definitely worth a shot. And they may be able to point you in the direction of a shop that does if they don't have the machines.

There is a shop that sews patches onto my other leather, maybe they can do it. Thank you!