Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
See "Tubular Rivet Setter/Splash Tool " on this page: http://www.brettunsvillage.com/leather/tools/tools.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Ah, me too, I just assume everyone on here is 'murrican. Yeah that second punch should do the job. It's hard to tell if the first set includes something to do the job but that second punch is definitely the kind of thing you need.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
For those in UK/EUR, Alpha Thixofix (formerly Dunlop Thixofix) is the poo poo for sticking leather to itself or other things. Get the one in the tin.

Smells good too :catdrugs:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'd add an extra layer of leather then rubber, for walking on rough gravel and legos.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
If you want durability, try hobnails. They'll stop the sole wearing out but I hope your town knapper has been vigilantly working the cobbles or you'll be arse up in no time. I regularly wear hobnail boots as part of WW1 uniform for commemorations and ceremonies, they are terrifying on modern surfaces like asphalt and concrete and do a good job of wrecking fine wooden flooring.

We actually had a town knapper up until the early 80's who would rough the granite cobbled streets with a lump hammer, chisel and goggles. It hasn't been done since then and it's quite common to see people slip up in the high street thanks to leather soles and wet cobbles now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Those are cool, did you follow a specific guide or pattern?