Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanessie
Apr 29, 2004

oh my gosh. I am so excited to have found this thread, maybe one of you can help me with something!!

I dont work with leather (very open to it if time and money permit tough, in the meanwhile I have some leather jackets I am ready to work on) but I find myself in need of assistance on how to use
certain crafting tools commonly found in leathercraft...namely studs and spikes.

In my spare time I have customized denim and I am very pleased with how it is going and I always receive compliments on my little projects. I would love the option to maybe start selling some stuff since people ask sometimes but the problem is that I can not in good concience sell some of stuff with the supplies I currently use.

The spikes I use are screwback, and the studs are usually the crimp-the-corners-in yourself type. My bigger concern are the spikes right now, one ambitious jacket I modded has 200 spikes meticulously screwed in by hand with a assistance from a seamripper. Problem is, the spikes were ordered in bulk from china and the quality of them were poo poo. they unscrew all the time and many of them dont screw in all the way. I learned my loving lesson there. I really want to move up and find better methods for this, and even some of the spikes that come from a more reliable source can come loose. It feels crappy knowing I am too worried to wash any of my stuff.

I bought a small starter kit from a foreign seller on etsy, all I got was a pile of some rivets and this funny looking stick and absolutley no directions on how to use it. English was not his first language so asking him was no help.

can someone point me to some tutorials or professional installation methods for what I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU