Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004
Mind if I ask a question?

I recently bought a leather couch and the douche helping me move hosed it up a bit. The leather got some light grating along one side (I'd rate the damage a 5 or 6 out of 10) and I want it fixed. There are some kits being sold online that get mixed reviews (I'm afraid they're all some hogwash serpent oil) so I've been looking into commercial repair. There's a professional repair service in my area that I've emailed for a quote (http://www.fibrenew.com for the curious) but I wanted to cull those who've tried this sort of poo poo before out from forums' woodwork. What's the general cost of a pro repair? What should my expectations be? I'm open to just saying "gently caress it" and leaving the couch as-is.

Here are some pictures of the hurt:

The dark spots you see are my feeble attempt at coloring in the damage. It actually improved its appearance but you can't hide ugly under a white light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU