Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I played this game from release back in the day until POP. Im currently downloading Titanium now and registering with P99, im looking forward to heading back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
The addiction in this game is as real as I remember. Graphics dated, sound dated but holy poo poo is it playable.
Got my new rogue Unfetered to 14 on blue and I'm dying to get me some blood stained chain mail and a couple of decent piercers. I'm loving this game again.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Started a Necro on Red named Unfetereds, however im finding iit a hard slog what witht he lowbie gear and being oom constantly. Think I will stick it out a little longer. Level 6 at the mo.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Bruteman posted:

Man I really get the impression the original designers hated the playerbase (THE VISION), the older dungeons are literal deathtraps less because of the monsters and more because of the poo poo camera views and the way the dungeons are designed so you're picking up adds through walls and stuff :psyduck:

But this is what made the game great. You got punished hard but when you achieved man did you loving achieve. The sense of achievement you got from gruelling those against all odds dungeons, or encounters was amazing. Especially when done with a good group.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Daaz posted:

Okay okay, i'll reroll to red. (edit, no im not)

Can someone invite me to the guild? I'll be on my iksar monk, Daaz..punching scale dogs in the face. Somebody throw me a plat, too, to make life not suck as much!

Oh, quick question: do we have an irc or mumble to hang out in to just generally relax and be cool?

Edit okay nevermind. Apparently leveling a monk on red is the worst. I'll be on blue on my bard ... DAAZ , say hello and lets hang out

Why is levelling a monk specifically the worst on red? I would imagine all classes would be in the same situation.
Meanwhile soled my necro to 29 on red and I'm having a blast.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Guard killing is loving boring. I don't want to be sat waiting for 30 mins for a pop. I would rather be going about a dungeon or open space killing things regularly.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Daaz posted:

I just dont wanna play a necro, heh.

It's ok, I won't force you too.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Daaz posted:

Ok i'll do that. I'll be on daaz/red, i'll shoot you a tell as soon as i see you!

Who else is on red? I'll add you to /w friend

Cool. Said wassup to Fotwen and he gave me a few of your names. Still waiting on a Fresh officer to come around. I'll be on tonight, see you guys later!

I'm on red, unfetereds the 29 necro.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

Is there going to be an update to the thread RE: Velious? It's a pretty big announcement and should probably be reflected in the title of the thread. Also, the installation instructions are frustratingly incorrect.

This is the working installation guide:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

IGNORE ALL OTHER INSTRUCTIONS, this is the one that works... if you have win8 make sure that you run in compatibility mode... DO get WinEQ2... it's FREE for EQPlayNice, which is what you want:
https://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/WinEQ_2

Also make sure you run it as an admin, you can do that in the properties.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pathos posted:

When P99 incorporates Velious, will EQ Platinum still be the way to install and get set up? I'm about to drop ~$100 on a used copy to get running and I don't really wanna waste that if the Velious expansion will require EQ Cobalt or some nonsense.

Torrent it, it's freely available.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I guess this guy is:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
My red characters

Unfetereds 37 necro
Toccata 16 Bard

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pwnz0r posted:

Cleric epic more expensive then rogue? wow, thats a new one to me. I guess on red ragefire just got overfarmed like crazy. Hearts rotted nonstop, People farmed pearls to get ragefire gear/arms + cof's since hes an easy dragon to do with like one group. I still have a ragefire heart on basically every character, including ixi scepters, some scrolls and 2 chars have the priest robes for natasha spawns. Maybe the price went up after they nerfed 1 natasha being used for 15+ turn ins. I used to be the person who regularly farmed bergurgle to get robe then gather up 15-20 people who had messages or rings, spawn natasha and we would be set on pearls for 1-2 weeks.

The thing with ragefire is that you can do all of it in classic eq, no need to go to Kunark.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I Love You! posted:

Alert: Red dudes!

Powerleveling going on levels 31-45+!

Message Teddy in game. PKs don't matter when you are gaining 5 levels an hour!

(I totally get the PK/twink hate. I actually don't mind it and considering I'm gaining xp significantly faster than blue it seems like a superfluous complaint but you definitely do have to be ok with abandoning a session at times. I think a lot of these complaints will evaporate come Velious, and I also think simply running in larger groups/leveling in nontraditional locations can remove most of the burden of the entire affair. Several of my characters have yet to be PKed once by lvl 40+ though I'm sure that will change at 50+. It's definitely possible to avoid getting ganked
all that much effort and without really tanking your ability to level).

(The other option is to simply join an established guild for protection/help gearing. Which is honestly the best route)

I love you? I love you!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I Love You! posted:

Starting a new group of lowbies on Red since some friends are playing with me and Badtown. If anyone has low level idiots and wants groups (or powerlevels) message me (Willcat/Teddy/Scoobs) in-game.

RED KROO 4lyfe

Seen both Teddy and Scoobs ingame, seems like good people.

I'm never going to be a rich necro on red. I'm camping names in dungeons of my levels, but just give the loot away to either guildies or noobies. I like that.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

The red server guild dynamic is looking like its going to change very soon. The present status is that there is a large Zerg guild (Empire, previously called holocaust... They had *their* name changed because someone posted images to the server web forum with a swastika formed from player bodies).

A *lot* of people don't like empire because they control everything with their numbers and basically get all the major raid targets most of the time. On the other hand, they get a lot of people to join because people want to fight large raid targets and get the loot the drops from them.

The other guilds on the server are Fresh (who will take anyone, and even had a policy for providing bronze armor to noobies). Fresh is probably the 2nd largest guild on the server, but they are more of a leveling guild than a serious pvp/raid guild.

The other guilds are all relatively serious on pvp but lack the numbers to routinely majorly contest anything: Azrael, the curse, friends, and prophets of slosh. For the past week or so there has been an alliance amongst all non-empire guilds and there's a very good chance that will be formalized by all guilds disbanding and re-forming under a new guild. All the proposed guild names are mostly poo poo plays on theme of rebels vs empire (Someone even suggested "the good guys").

The reason for formalizing the guild alliance is what's going to happen when velious drops. A lot of the best gear is no drop. Also, a lot of the content requires more members than most single guild can get at any given time (except empire).

The word is when the new guild forms everything is going to be decided by loot council, which is probably going to be a total poo poo-show.

I'm in Fresh,and that's not going to happen with us. It was stated to Buttons join us or be KoS to us. Buttons rightly said gently caress You, as we were part of the alliance with Azrael, the curse, friends, and prophets of slosh. And being intimidated to form an uber guild is wrong on so many levels.

Oh and for your information, Fresh not only is leveling guild, but also a highly successful raiding guild. Very, very good people in Fresh. Do not underestimate them.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 18, 2015

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
In my defense it seems Bigtuna/mad max had a complete loving meltdown and disbanded the guild in anger. What a loving douche. He could have just passed leadership.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

nomadologique posted:

lol. ooc is practically illegal on red now.

I got banned from /ooc for telling a joke last night, wtf it's this poo poo?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
What a time for double exp to be available. I'm rather burnt out on EQ at the minute and cant be arsed to log in. I will get the itch back in a few days.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
One thing I just do not understand about Red, is that why everyone so eager to everyone else banned from the server?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Siets posted:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Trust me, it's the only way. :)

How far do the placeholders roam? Do you have to travel the entirety of LOIO's landmass to get everything rounded up, or are the placeholders mostly around the #9 ruins on the map? What would you say is the rough count for all the placeholders and how do you know when you think you've got them all rounded up?

For the earring? I suggest you go to Warsilk Woods instead of LOIO. You will yield better results.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Siets posted:

<Thunderdome> has a tool named "Block" in it who will group with you and pretend to be your friend for several levels, then later on gank you while you are AFK just to "teach you a lesson about AFK'ing on Red." He will then reply with "u mad bro?" and make fun of you for playing a "7 year old elf simulator" when asking about why he didn't just send you a friendly tell explaining the same lesson instead.

That sounds like an alt of Buckx who is complete wanker and pvp griefer. Another alt of his is Swiftcast.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Siets posted:

Anybody have experience with nabbing Ancient Cyclops on Red? Am I better off doing it in SRo rather than OOT as a monk? I have a feeling the OOT site is going to be hotly contested. Someone told me to do it when I am 44 so that I am out of range of 49+ gankers, but I worry that I won't actually be able to solo kill the AC at that level. Thoughts?

There's several static spawns in the desert that need to be clear before 9pm at night. If all spawns are clear he will pop in anyone if those spawns at 9pm on the dot.
I know as I did this not long back, got the ring, turned in for my boots then on my way back did the samething and got another ring which I mq'd on the same Hasten spawn for 5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Siets posted:

Which spawns? I read something about "just clear all humanoids in the desert" but that seemed excessive.

edit: :pusheen: I went around and gathered up all the humanoids in the desert, then killed them at 7PM game time. AC popped right away at 9PM on a small hill just northeast of the dark elf camp. Ring acquired.

Glad to be of service :)

• Locked thread