Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
What do you guys think would bring you back to play? I gave my accounts and poo poo away so I'm probably done unless they decided to increase experience 10x and the drop rate of rare items 10x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I sometimes think about coming back. I wish there was a modern MMO that would use the same mechanics (slow regens, camping at single spots, slow combat). It probably wouldn't be very popular though.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

If you read the official P99 forums it becomes quickly apparent the type of people who lead the high end guilds and why they're so full of terrible people. It's like a flashback to how I posted on internet forums when I was 13.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Just created a High Elf Cleric named Hakari and an Ogre SK named Bibbok. I don't know which one I will stick with. This game is harder than I remember. Look me up in game!

Edit: I joined a low level guild at Kelethin just to have better grouping opportunities. I can quit and join the goons if needed but it seemed the smartest choice for now. I'll still take some goonerosity though!

Ok, I will buy someone like some kind of SA upgrade. How? If they are done with EQ 1999 and don't want their stuff. Maybe motivate someone to install it just do pass it on to me. This game is tough and I hate that i have some generic piece of poo poo while everyone runs around with incredible magical weapons of doom.

You might want to check out a differnt emu or the Mac server if you're frustrated with this one. It doesn't really get any easier.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I'm giving the new Sleeper server a chance. I don't know why I hate myself so much. Are mage pets pretty powerful here?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

It would be nice if their terrible website would send me the registration confirmation email, or in the case of the one out of ten that made it, a registration link that isn't broken.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Finally in game, Hayden the level one magician. I'm thinking a duo with a shaman would be nice.

edit: trying a druid named Napoleon instead

hayden. fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 14, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Got to level 5 on EpicEmu. Seems pretty decent so far, no complaints other than being pretty laggy. They're supposedly fixing that. It sounds like they're trying to be P99 but with more common-sense non-poop-socky rules, such as giving tokens to spawn raid instances. Community is okay, seems like a lot of young people though.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

You need to kill yellows on levels 1 and 2. They're crazy good experience and any class should be able to solo the yellow skeles in GFay without any spells. Level 3 and 4 are a little lame, but once you hit 5 you can really start grouping and it gets better.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

What's the benefit of EQC over any other classic server? As far as I can tell it just uses an older client that fixes some problems the new ones have:

quote:

Message Boards
MIDI Music
Ambient Music
Spell Bolts
Droppable Coin
Fully Operational Boats
Human Night Blindness
Forced Spellbook Meditation
Original / Velious UIs
Stamina Bar and Combat Fatigue
Pre-Endurance Discipline System
Soul Bound Keys
Original Tradeskill System
Single Chat Window Communication

Kind of nice, I guess. I don't think I'd be willing to go back to only a single chat window and spell book meding, though.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

It's understandable why it's difficult to have a good staff that works for free on a project like P99. You can't get any guy off the street who seems nice because there's such a high likelyhood they'll abuse the power and create billions of plat or spawn items or whatever else. Even close friends you might have issues with. To be at all effective, GMs really need the power to manage accounts, items, and players. After so many years I can't imagine he's still super enthusiastic about the project or interested in babysitting the GM hiring and managing process.

The only reason you didn't have these problems on Live EQ is because the GMs would get their asses fired, they were too sick of EQ at the end of the day to want to log into their personal accounts and give favoritism to their guilds or whatever, and they enforced server rotations.

I agree that I wish he'd release the source for others to use, but it would likely kill the population on his own server.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

XP rates on Sleeper seem too high now, but I'm not complaining. The key is to kill stuff above your level. At level eight in Crushbone, I was getting two blues in a full group from a single high level orc. Mana regen also seems about twice as fast as it should be.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I'm thinking about giving up on Sleeper after getting my druid to 14. Getting groups is really difficult and I now see the tremendous value of P99 having a no boxing rule. Since most people box here, three real people is a full group. Just not worth my time to sit for hours waiting to get a group or to round up enough people to make one.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

God drat is this server really three years old now? I feel old as poo poo.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Anyone have a 50ish mage I can play around with? Sort of thinking about getting back into this after giving all my poo poo and accounts away a year ago or so.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Anyone got an account with a 50+ cleric, wizard, druid, or mage they'd be willing to part with, possibly for a small sum of money? I occasionally get the itch to play every now and then and have long since given my own accounts away. Don't really care about gear or plat on the account. haydendotsa@gmail.com

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Finally realized what my password was to my account I gave away a year+ ago. I hope no one is using it?

On my 55 wizard Saidar! Happy to be playing again at non-lowbie levels. Totally broke and some of my nice gear is gone, but that's expected. Still plenty of decent stuff on him.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 30, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

The free market libertarians of Norrath are ruining my immersion!

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I joined BDA like a week ago and have 30 days to get 10 votes to stay. I haven't logged in since. Welp!

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I'm just so busy these days and never have a three hour stretch before 8PM PST to play and I assume BDA raids much earlier than that. Saturdays are usually pretty busy for me too. I'll probably wind up getting kicked but oh well.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 13, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I'll just be a perma trial, haha. Don't care much about loot, just want to tag along on raids. Also does anyone have a spare set of resist gear I can borrow? Gave mine all away.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Sure man, I've got a minimal set on Illtair that you can borrow, though I never replaced the blue diamond stuff that got disabled.

Is blue diamond stuff ridiculously expensive now? I remember it cost like 10k+ to make my set, would hate to see what it is now.

Edit: it looks like they actually took the stats off existing stuff, nvm.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 9, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

The amount of assholes in this game really makes me not want to play.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Yes, still lots of lowbie groups available. EC and GFay and CB still plenty easy to get a group in.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Arven posted:

I just started a human SK... is NOT twinking a viable option? I'm strange, and getting twinked in any MMO totally kills my motivation to keep playing- for me it's the struggle that is fun. Getting high level buffs doesn't bother me, though.

Yeah it's perfectly acceptable, you're going to have a hard time though because a group's tank's gear is probably the most important factor in how good of a group it is. You got a long road ahead of you.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I had the same problem for months, it sucked. Just keep guessing.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Stigmas posted:

Any new players should just join Unknown Guild, there is really no difference between finding groups if you're in a guild or not.

At high levels it actually makes groups a great deal easier if you're in a big guild. It's basically the only reason I'm in one on my level 55 character.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Do you have a non standard US keyboard? Works fine for me.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Zombones posted:

In as Prunes the Erudite Necro. Would GREATLY appreciate any goonerosity. I forgot how expensive spells can be.

I have a bunch of flayed skin gear and a +4 int necklance for you. I can log in tomorrow from 6PM to 9PM PST, want to meet up with me sometime? What works for you?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

What's everyone's thoughts on rolling on loot in a pubby group after already winning an item? People get pretty pissy about this the couple times I've done it, but I don't get why I suddenly have no right to roll. I'm talking about items worth maybe 500 to 1k

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Are you using the launcher program? It caused issues for me.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Jawdins posted:

EDIT: Problem solved. How do I search for goon guild members?

/who all 'unknown guild'

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Not sure of the reason but the goon guild is pretty alive and kicking these days for anyone interested. I decided to start a Paladin alt (Galad) - anyone have a set of simple plate armor I could buy?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Crashing issues with Titanium client (on server select) according to P99 website. I was trying to log in this evening and was getting pissed, realized I probably needed a patch, and then saw that they're having issues.

Funkutron5000 posted:

Get a hold of me on Corova/ Corovad in game. I have lots of deep water stuff in the bank if you're interested, or I can help you build up a set of Ro. Helping the paladin population on the server makes me a happy camper.

Thanks a ton man, I'll hit you up. Isn't deep water like crazy expensive though? BP goes for like 100k I thought.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 13, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Got into an AOE chardok group last night. Wasn't quite as good as I expected but still got half of 56 done in about 3.5 hours.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Funkutron5000 posted:

Got a bp of ro made for you. I've got my paladin chilling in NFP for the next few days if you wanna pick it up.

Thanks a lot, I've been checking for you whenever I log on but haven't caught you at a good time yet. I'll be on most of today on Saidar.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I like the classic UI. Sorry I was too lazy to get see invis for you. You're PLing me now in Chardok and it's pretty sweet though!

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I feel like the DDoS attacks are probably from someone frustrated with a GM. It doesn't really help that the GMs act like holier-than-thou pricks and are sometime notorious for laughably bad decisions and judgement. If Rogean just made them polite, impartial, and not interject emotion and rudeness into dealing with players I doubt we'd have this problem.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I tried to join BDA for some raiding but honestly unless you're a student or can randomly wake up at 3AM to kill some pixels it doesn't seem to work out very well. I can play weekday evenings like once or twice a week and weekends and I think I only managed like 2 raids in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Thanks again for Chardok tonight Sirduh!

Looks like DDOSer is at it again, so I'm calling it a night.

• Locked thread