Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

hayden. posted:

What kind of mean parent makes their 5 year old play EQ? Jesus give the kid an N64 or something if you want them playing old games.

Back in the day, I knew someone who had his wife and apparently homeschooled children play his EQ character (grinding plat/exp/rep/trade mats/whatever) while he was at work during the day.

I also knew a completely different person in WOW who did the exact same thing.

And no, it wasn't me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

I eat baby skin posted:

And you didn't report them to CPS or at least, you know, tell them to stop doing that poo poo? Watching it happen and not doing anything to stop it isn't exactly being an upstanding citizen. That is some seriously hosed up sweatshop-level behavior.

I only barely knew them in passing through the game and not on a personal level. Never was cool with it and did comment on the issue, which is why we didn't associate much.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
So I've been playing a ranger on Blue for a week, but since I put all my points into STA I'm considering remaking him with STR or DEX instead. As I'm only nearly 7, should I do this?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Maybe people are just pitying my newb ranger, but random people have been helping me out of the blue on blue.

The only disappointing thing is I farmed 25 stacks of bone chips, per the plat guides, yet no one seems to be buying. I might just dump them on an alt for future faction.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Thanks again for the deal and guild invite, Higby.

If anyone needs sow and buffs, my low shaman Domn is usually parked at the EC tunnel.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
If anyone is considering a fat SK, be aware that Shroud of Undeath (skele form buff) will eventually come with Chardok 2.0.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Lakedaimon posted:

Yeah ive kept it pretty cheap on this SK twink. I ran my monk down to CT and swatted enough crusaders to make most of a darkforge set (head, chest, legs, arms, hands). Blood Ember Bracers and Boots arent too expensive so ill pick those up. All I need is a shield and a couple earrings - ill probably just get some dirt cheap STA ones and skip Diamondines this time, and maybe get some Cougar Claws down the road. For some reason the Shadowknight Secondary page on the p1999 wiki does not work, but id like to find a shield for a couple hundred pp. I did buy a CoS just to ensure I get a pre-nerf one now (tempted to sock away a second one), and if I manage to grind my way to level 20 or 30 or so ill splurge on Jboots

Just curious, when Velious launches will anything tradeable (and not ultra rare) replace Ebon Mace and Atramentous Shield? Those are two items I think *could* go down in price, but I dont really know SK gear very well.

If you want to keep it on the cheap, you could park your SK twink in Kithicor and wait for an Ashenbone Shield off the General.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Ramulack posted:

I have never had the opportunity to own a fungi on live. Hoping to one day here. Unfortunately I choose the worst class for farming solo (Rogue).

At say level 55 how much plat per hour could you grind solo realistically? I am guessing it is chump change compared to doing a mediocre job trading in EC?
I mained a rogue on Classic Live and... the only way I made consistent plat was /random loot group camps, tunnelquesting, or POP tradeskills. Solo plat farming as a rogue was tedious, especially without a fungi tunic.

Your best bet is to get lucky drops/rolls in a group, tunnelquest, or level a farming alt to solo plat for your rogue.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dirt posted:

<Omni> stole all our goons.

:(
Welt/Domn reporting in! The power button on my laptop died and Lenovo has the part on backorder. Never got to try red, and all my blues are still in their teens...

On the plus side, real productivity is up.

• Locked thread