Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:
Just wanted to say great thread. I started playing pool three months ago and bought my own cue about a month ago. I can beat the once every week or two player almost every time, but I would get crushed by a 7.

Are there any drills you would recommend doing? When I'm not playing games I usually just practice shots I miss frequently and practice hitting the cue ball with no spin.

How do you approach shots and visualizing how to run a table? How do you know when to play a safety or take a risky shot? Do you primarily think about whether the other player could run out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

jase1 posted:

Thanks for the response. I'm actually a single digit golfer, so I think that really helped with the transition to pool. I have a very set routine for my golf swing, so I wanted to hear what a good pool player did for a routine since you never really need to think more than two shots ahead on a hole.

• Locked thread