Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Excellent thread! It's making me want to rescue the pool table from my parents basement, but I don't think I have enough room for it at my house :( I never play any more and when I did I was never better than an intermediate beginner, but it's fun either way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
For the record I was honestly nervous for your uncle frank with the road player and the $40k stakes game, half an hour after I read that I still had that feeling of anxiety - You tell a good story.

Question about staking / backing players. What's the percentage when your guy wins? Like you and hiphop staked your uncle 5k each, do you double your money, 50%?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
This thread is a big part of me rescuing the pool table from my parent's basement. It's a late 60s sears (made by brunswick, I think) 8' 3 piece slate table. I only have the rails taken off and up at my house, the rest is going to require a bit more work and helpers. It's in ok shape, I'm going to re-felt, do new bumpers, and convert to drop pockets instead of the lovely ball return that never worked well.

Sorry to hijack, just excited about getting a pooltable at my house in the hopefully near future.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

FlashBangBob posted:

Seconding this. I read this and realized that my new house could fit a pool table in the basement. Its not a perfect fit for a 57" cue, some spots need a shorty cue to make a shot :argh:, but I just love playing down there now.

One of the previous owners of my house was a billiards fan and had a 9' table down there, he put in a 16' steel beam to replace one of the support columns so I think I'll have enough room to play around the whole table. Very excited :)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I miss these stories. I just felted the trails on my inherited 8ft table today, haven't got to play it yet but I'm closing in.

• Locked thread