Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wait so in 9 ball you can hit the 1 ball into the 9 on say, the third shot of the game, and win the game? Just circumvent the rest of the balls? Did I read that right?

Also, if I fail to make my shot, but do not foul, you get ball in hand? So I am trying to hit my solid in, hit a solid, but miss the pocket..that gives you ball in hand?

This is really interesting and I play pool sometimes when we're out and about. I am not the kind of person that is willing to bet on it but I find something.....shady about hustling people I guess. Your story of the beautiful girl and you kind of brought that up for me. You were all playing but it wasn't about seeing who is better, it was about deceiving about who was better. I think what squeak said is right, when you are playing poker you're already agreeing to deceive one another-it's how the game is played. With this its about hiding how good you are in order to take someones money. I'm genuinely interested in it and it's a great thread, I just thought the ethical question was an interesting one.

Then again, like someone said, the type of person that gets hustled its often hard to feel sorry for them because of other characteristics.

Last question-do you smoke? Is smoking allowed when playing? Has anyone used the environment to mess with you like cigarette smoke, excessively loud music, hitting the light over the table, etc.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Can you link to the repo thread? I don't have the platinum upgrade thingie anymore to find it. If your writing there is like this thread I'd love to read it.

Tell us more stories where D had to help you out.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Was that place in Des Moines Shooter's Hideaway or was it closer to the South side?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What about the accountant? Why didn't he go after him?

My guess is that Lazlo isn't well versed in law and he gets shat on while the accountant gets off scott free to do it to someone else.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

jase1" posted:

I get dealt AQ on the button and I raise it and I get 2 callers. Flop is QQ5 and I get overly excited because I have hit my hand. It's checked to me and I make a pot sized bet and almost immediately the next player to act pushes all in and the next player folds. Now instead of taking the time to think this through I am already counting my new chips in my head and I push all in. My dreams of becoming a famous pro poker player are shattered when my opponent turns over pocket 5's for a full house. The cards run out I don't improve and that's it for my 2006 WSOP tourney. luck and head back the Bellagio to take a nap and be all depressed and poo poo.

To be continued...

Doesn't that mean you now have QQQ55 while he has 555QQ? Don't you win? I'm confused.

Keep the awesome stories coming though man. So intense! I love reading them and it reminds me how I am so not poker player material.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Doh you're right, total misread on my part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is it normal to let him keep racking like that? It seems a bit silly to gamble on games but never let your opponent get a shot off. He was up 4 games and your uncle didn't even play....its like...weird to me for someone to allow that with money in the line.

• Locked thread