Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matthew j
Nov 29, 2009

do work son.
Have you ever seen Poolhall Junkies? If so, how realistic are those scenarios compared to what you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matthew j
Nov 29, 2009

do work son.

jase1 posted:

I can quote that movie word for word I have seen it so many times. There are things about the movie that are realistic. Most of the pool hall scenes early on were they are hustling local players is spot on. In most pool halls there is always regulars who love to gamble and are really bad at it. They stick around and think they are getting better but in reality they are just like the movie says junkies. They won't listen to advice to make them a better player so they just lose money constantly. I have never seen a major showdown like the movie but I have heard old stories of stuff like that happening. This may sound corny but a few times if I was going to play a road player in town or setup a big money match I watch the lions scene from the bathroom just as a little motivation because that scene is so perfect.

Awesome! That movie is a favorite of mine as well, but I've always wondered what actual pool players thought of it.

• Locked thread