Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

asbo subject posted:

Ah- see it now.

Like every British sport or game the Americans have to take all skill, thought or tactics out of it. Look what your country did to rugby and rounders.

I now understand why you don't play cricket.

What is rounders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

When you die, will God force you to be a ghost and shoot pool with lonely, obsessed players for eternity until you find one to replace you?

Only if he is the very best at the time of his death.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

squeakygeek posted:

Well, you could say one difference is that you are deceiving someone in order to persuade him to gamble, whereas in poker they have already decided to gamble.

That seems like its just mincing words at that point. When you go to gamble in a pool hall, or anywhere its being played, I guess, its a known risk that you might get hustled. Its just a part of the culture of it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

jyrka posted:

Wouldn't your general body language give it away almost instantly that you're a very good player? The way you hold the cue, how you chalk it, how you walk around the table etc. No?

I would imagine regular hustling would teach you to hide things like that.

• Locked thread