Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

littleorv posted:

This guy is working over my cousin letting him beat him in small races for twenties. Then this happens

:clint: Hey amigo you're pretty good! Want to up the ante?

:downs: Nope!

And he grabs his cue and leaves.
Following this vein, how much would you be willing to "sink" into a mark before you switch over to raising the stakes and taking money OP? I realize that it must change a lot between randoms in some crappy bar, a pool hall or some place were people actually play pool at a consistently serious level. This is probably a tough question that you probably decide from experience and what the mark seems like. I'd just like to know rough estimates if you can provide them.

On a completely different note (and a much easier question), from reading the thread female pool players have so far specifically shown up twice, is it therefore safe to assume that they are really rare? If so why do you think there's such a gender line on this, is it the bar/drinking atmosphere and the women sort of being expected to stand around whilst the men prove their manliness on the table?

I like 9-ball (I'm awful!) and this thread, thanks for your stories OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread