Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Absolutely loving this thread. Last week I discovered a pool hall that is 10 minutes from my apartment that rents out tables, 5 bucks gets the whole night. I haven't played much since college but all of a sudden I'm falling back into it. Might have to start keeping an eye on the regulars to see what sort of shenanigans are going down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

"Ask me about being the guy who decides if you get to keep your car or not!"
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3400792

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Mostly craftsmanship and ornamentation. Inlays and intricate artwork drive the price of a cue up pretty fast.

Jaweeeblop fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 22, 2012

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

If you get on youtube you can find his "color of money" race to 120 wins in 9ball against Earl Strickland in its entirety. It is incredibly long with poor video quality, but it is awesome, and the finish is outstanding. I love seeing Earl get pissed :xd:

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah, what a ridiculous dickhead. The English can be like us Aussies, or the other way round because we're one of their colonies, but the quickest way to be disliked by everyone and ridiculed is think you're something special and starting acting like it.

Like telling the ref to shut up, just who the gently caress do you think you are?

It's not that he is American, it's that he is a massive dick. But I think that because I do things like spend a lot of time here, so I'm one of the first to say 'there are 300 million Americans, they're not all the same..'. But this guy furthers that perception unfortunately, and you'd hope someone would tell him 'when you go overseas you're representing us and you're making us look like a bunch of dickheads' but I'm sure this guy wouldn't listen.

He really isn't that bad of a person, he just has a short fuse and doesn't know how to control his emotions. Cherry picking videos of him being a douche is a lot more fun than posting videos of him giving one on one lessons and having cordial conversations with fans.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Glad this thread is still around. Finding this thread back in April inspired me to start shooting again, a rough break up pushed me from being a casual player to actually focusing all of my free time on it, and I now have a pool hall that doesn't charge me to play. I'm no hustler by any stretch of the imagination, but I've discovered most APA league players around here have huge egos and little talent. Call them out on being sloppy and money starts to fly. They also hate losing to a guy wearing a pink button down using a house cue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Glad to see this thread back up at the top, I owe a big thanks to you Jase. When you started this thread I was in a lovely place and you got me focused on going out and playing pool instead of wallowing in my misery. Between then and now I got picked up by an APA team and now we're headed to Vegas for nationals in August. I hate the handicapping and scoring systems in this league but it's certainly better than nothing. 8 ball isn't so bad but 9 ball is hard as hell to win against some of the mid-low skill players. Congrats on the wedding and bring on the stories!

• Locked thread