Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

jase1 posted:

The bet is we play 18 holes on a course of my choosing. He gives me a 67 stroke lead.

Play the easiest course you can find, from the shortest tees possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

jase1 posted:

I already have a course picked out and I have a friend helping me with my swing at the driving range. I have a medium course picked with lots of bunkers. The reason I picked the one with lots of bunkers is that is my opponents weakest part of his game. If he gets frustrated early he tends to play worse per other people he regularly golfs with.

It doesn't matter if bunkers are the worst part of his game, if he is better out of them then you (given how much he plays, that seems likely), you are better off having less bunkers. Trust me, easy course with no trouble is by far the best decision. You should literally play the ladies tees if possible.

Sounds like you got amazing terms though, you should crush him either way.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

jase1 posted:

I don't consider that a bad beat at all, I played the hand poorly and the reason being is I am not a tournament player. If that was a cash game I probably make that play all day because I can rebuy and work on getting my money back. In this tourney one mistake like that and I'm out. Also the best hand preflop won so it's really not a bad beat in my eyes.

That would be like the worst fold in the history of folds.

• Locked thread