Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
How did I not see this thread sooner? I was originally bitter when Gigi said she was going to stop doing video game comics because she wanted to do this, and was meh over the first three pages. Caught up with it about a month ago and have only slightly regretted that since (only slightly because I had more pages to marathon through).

Her tumblr really adds to the appreciation of what goes into CQ - I didn't even realize paper cut-outs were used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This comic is completely excellent and adorable. :allears: Thanks for starting this thread, Zorak.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
There's now a Splashmaster power level card on the character page. He is super tough.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Splashmaster cracks me up. Can anyone guess what it says on his crown? I can make out "Lim-- Ki[ng]" and not much else.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Waffnuffly posted:

Splashmaster cracks me up. Can anyone guess what it says on his crown? I can make out "Lim-- Ki[ng]" and not much else.

I'm guessing "Limb King" because he's got so many arms?

I love the artist's comment on this page. You count those bunnymen, buddy. :unsmith:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
How long has this thread been here?

I picked up on Cucumber Quest back when one of the Mock Threads went through a "let's link webcomics that aren't terrible" phase about a month or two back, along with Paranatural and String Theory (though I'd read String Theory before). I still follow all three, but Cucumber Quest is the only one which has earned a bookmark.

It's just SO CHARMING. I love it to bits, I love the humor, the attitude, I love how you can read it straight or turn it into a complete sendup with the artist's comments. I never picked up on the Paper Mario inspiration before, but I'm not really sure how--and it just makes me love it all the more.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Hah! If anyone has the Goggles installed on their browser, activate them and look at the previous page. And then also the current page.

It works twice!

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I for one just hope that Almond spares Splashmaster's life. I think he's adorable, in a giant squidmonster kind of way.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Hey, this new lady isn't the Queen is she? She's got the same bendy ears as Princess Nautilus.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Finally read through the archive for this the other night and oh my goood it is so cute. :3: The story is adorable but the art is so pretty and so adorable, I can't believe I put off reading it for so long.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Comrade Question posted:

I for one just hope that Almond spares Splashmaster's life. I think he's adorable, in a giant squidmonster kind of way.

I wouldn't worry about that! This doesn't strike me as the kind of story where people die. Sealed back into a stone, put in jail, whatever, but probably not killed.

Also I love how Almond doesn't give a poo poo and just immediately starts telling him off while catching this other lady without missing a beat.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
For the longest time I was put off by this comic because hiimdaisy stopped doing Persona 4 comics for this.

Then I actually gave it a chance.

I was wrong and I'm sorry, this comic is amazing. :negative:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I would like Splashmaster to become the BoFII Grandpa Whale of Cucumber Quest :3:.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Oh man. Nightmare Knight just showed up...and he doesn't seem too happy about Splashmaster's bitchin' crown. ...I think stuff is about to get real.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Loving that crown

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Space-Bird posted:

Oh man. Nightmare Knight just showed up...and he doesn't seem too happy about Splashmaster's bitchin' crown. ...I think stuff is about to get real.

"Limbo King" implies that Splashmaster is the best at limbo. This is unacceptable; the Nightmare Knight is the best at EVERYTHING. Next comic will feature a limbo throwdown between the two.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well, Splashmaster doesn't have bones, it's only natural he'd be the best at limbo. Although the Nightmare Knight doesn't seem to have legs... or really the entire lower half of his body, so I guess he is probably pretty good at limbo.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

TwoPair posted:

Well, Splashmaster doesn't have bones, it's only natural he'd be the best at limbo. Although the Nightmare Knight doesn't seem to have legs... or really the entire lower half of his body, so I guess he is probably pretty good at limbo.

He has legs, but they are tiny. Advantage or disadvantage?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Splashmaster is actually king of Limbo, the programming language. Despite his apparently limited intellect, he is a coding savant. Unfortunately his enormous size and tendency to crush things has exiled him from the world of software development and into freelancing for the Nightmare Knight.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Comrade Question posted:

He has legs, but they are tiny. Advantage or disadvantage?

I like his cape of stardust and wonderment.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never realized that was a cape.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
So that's what happened to Captain Briggs.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I was kind of expecting Nightmare Knight to get angry about it, but it's more that he just... doesn't give a poo poo. Which is cool?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Struck me as a kind of "ugh, whatever, it's annoying but we've got bigger fish to fry" response.

Dude is basically all business.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Jump all up on this poo poo, folks.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I put in $85. Looking forward to the hardcover version.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

All my money. All of it.

(I wish I wasn't flat broke.)

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Yeah, she's going to make way more than she asked for

(Dropped $25, may up it later)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

She just made 1000 dollars in a few minutes! (I can't drop money until the beginning of May :ohdear: )

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

O. Jeez. I'm in for 50.

Edit: Which I can comfortably afford. Thank you Syrg.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 20, 2012

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

She just made 1000 dollars in a few minutes! (I can't drop money until the beginning of May :ohdear: )

You don't get charged until the deadline date!

Pledged $25 myself. I really, really wish I could afford the hardcover :ohdear:.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

CuddlyZombie posted:

She's up to 5,000 dollars now. Over halfway there!

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Oneiros posted:

You don't get charged until the deadline date!

Pledged $25 myself. I really, really wish I could afford the hardcover :ohdear:.

:O

Oh man oh man oh man

Edit: $50 pledged. I can't afford this. :negative:

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 20, 2012

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I put up $35 an hour ago when it was still in the low hundreds.

Now there's already 6,000 dollars. That's pretty impressive. She's gonna exceed her goal in a few hours.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Don't go overkill on this (hell, I'm only in for $5 because my rear end is unemployed), but also remember you can adjust your donation later. Start small, give more near the end if you wanna back more.

Kickstarter fever can kill a man, take precautions.

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill
Gimme dat hardcover. I'll add my name to the crowd of people who were sad when she stopped doing persona comics. Now, I'm really glad she dropped it since I'm enjoying Cucumber Quest a lot more than some random video game comic. I can probably count on one hand the amount of webcomics I really enjoy. And of those good webcomics, CQ is easily tied for number one (shouts out to Gunnerkrigg Court).

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Pledged $85. I want me a hardcover of that beautiful artwork.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I want that hardcover so bad but there is NO way I'll be able to pledge upwards of 80 dollars. :smith:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Went for the hardcover edition! She's nearly to her goal already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Goal tentatively met. Someone backed for 500.

Hurray!

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 20, 2012