Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

It's funded! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awcko
May 26, 2009

Mo' Pushin'

Mo' Problems
A single goddamned hour and she manages to fund the whole thing.

Might as well toss in an extra 40$ so I can get that softcover! :toot:

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
drat Kickstarter, you scary. :stare:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Comrade Question posted:

drat Kickstarter, you scary. :stare:

I like to think of it as deserving things getting money.

But yes. This was scary fast.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Matlock Birthmark posted:

But yes. This was scary fast.

That's also a tiny drat target. To be fair, though, she did just beat out other insane fanbases in a fraction of the time. That's worth applauding.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

CuddlyZombie posted:

I want that hardcover so bad but there is NO way I'll be able to pledge upwards of 80 dollars. :smith:

Yeah I prefer hardcover to softcover but that is quite a bit of money for me.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Holy poo poo, I just saw this and it's apparently overfunded already. And in the time it took me to check the webcomics thread and then come here it went up by $1000.

Now I have to hurry and put money in before she closes it or something, this is crazy.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I wonder how big the pile of money needs to be to make it her full-time job.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It's awesome that her kickstarter is already funded. I wonder if she'll expand stuff to keep it rolling or close it now that it's been met (I think she can do that?) This comic is so gorgeous it definitely needs a full color print.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Holy gently caress this went from like 1k to 12k in the course of a couple of hours. Awesome. She definitely deserves it though!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ashcans posted:

It's awesome that her kickstarter is already funded. I wonder if she'll expand stuff to keep it rolling or close it now that it's been met (I think she can do that?) This comic is so gorgeous it definitely needs a full color print.

It sounds as if she's leaving it open the full month for people who want to get in on higher-tier rewards or just donate who weren't around in AN HOUR.

gigidigi posted:

oh my gosh, we hit the goal in just over an hour. thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you (and of course, you can still donate if you haven't but want to!)

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Honestly, after Double Fine's nuclear explosion of a Kickstarter I don't think I'll ever again be surprised at the speed these things meet their goals. Twitter + Kickstarter is an amazing combination.

I can't see any reason why she'd close the project, though. The goal was basically a "this is what I need to make this worthwhile" thing. The lower reward tiers are pre-orders and most of the contributions at that level probably go into printing additional books.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Went in for the hardcover :toot:. Exciting!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Kickstarter has been really something amazing lately.

Of course Digigigi totally deserves.the success. I'll probably put in some bux myself.

Silly Voodoo
Mar 31, 2011

There will be no clipping!
Best $45 I ever spent. :toot: It's amazing that it's already past 15k.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
Whoa, in the 5 hours between I first clicked that link and now, she's well on her way to doubling that goal and then some, with that amount of time left. :psyduck: Congrats to her, though.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Kickstarter: When people say shut up and take my money, sometimes they're not loving kidding.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.
It so makes me wish I had $250, so I could get some more CUKE OR DIE. :3:

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
I'm so happy she got funded so fast!

Dropped 50 bucks on this. Totally worth it!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Had to have the hardcover of this. I love it and I know when I get it my mom and my niece would love looking at this too.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
200% funded on day one! I know it's going to slow down, but I'm curious how much she gets.

Wow. $500 tier already sold out.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Question, if I initually pledged $40 and then changed it a couple hours later to $50 I'll only get billed for $50, right? Because otherwise I might have accidentally spent $90 on this (and if that happens I'll have to spend another :5bux: to get the $95 gift :suicide:).

E: nevermind, I should probably have looked at their faq before posting. Oh well.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Wow, over $20,000 was funded for that kickstarter. Gigidigi made an adorable thank-you image as a response :3:

I need to see if I can scrounge up some money for this...

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I just threw in $5 for the PDF for now, I might up it to get the softcover when we get closer if I have the money. Definitely going to buy one when they are available if I don't though. Love this comic and have some family that would love it too, but aren't into the internet enough for me to get them to read it. :(

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
25k in the first day, good for her. Also looks like she'll be making the books even better with the overfunding.

Edit: As for today's page. Something tells me Nightmare Knight isn't going to be happy.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 22, 2012

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Oh god, what is "something really good"?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's okay, Splashmaster. I'm sure that was an easy mistake to make.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.

Megazver posted:

Oh god, what is "something really good"?

A bonus mini-book, CUKE OR DIE III: KNOCTURNAL KNIGHTMARES

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Armadillos! posted:

A bonus mini-book, CUKE OR DIE III: KNOCTURNAL KNIGHTMARES

Cuke or Die III is actually just Cucumber and friends acting out a bad homemade action movie a la Dangeresque.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, at the very least, we're getting a map in the books. Since it just creeped over 30k.

I really wonder what the 40k reward will be. The kickstarter certainly looks like it will get there at this rate. I also do hope the 1k tier donator doesn't cancel as we get further along.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well, at the very least, we're getting a map in the books. Since it just creeped over 30k.

I really wonder what the 40k reward will be. The kickstarter certainly looks like it will get there at this rate. I also do hope the 1k tier donator doesn't cancel as we get further along.

$40k reward revealed: A new short story!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Splashmaster does not seem to be very good at the whole "kidnap a princess" thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oneiros posted:

Everyone please liquidate your assets immediately. You know what to do.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Oneiros posted:

New $45k reward: something eeeven better will happen!

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Dr Pepper posted:

Splashmaster does not seem to be very good at the whole "kidnap a princess" thing.

Then again, thinking all bunnymen look the same seems to be a common problem.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
New page: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/?webcomic_post=page-168

I love splashmaster.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lance Streetman posted:

New page: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/?webcomic_post=page-168

I love splashmaster.

Oh my god, Splashmaster.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Splashmaster, where have you been all my life :allears:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I decided to try my hand at some custom titles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I love the little watery speech bubbles that Splashmaster gets. It's really the little touches that make this comic. :)