Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Edit: Wait a minute, is Bagel's cellphone a candybar?

I was just coming here to post this. It is. It is a half-unwrapped chocolate bar oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

I was just coming here to post this. It is. It is a half-unwrapped chocolate bar oh my god.

I wonder if they buy them like that or you unwrap it when you use it or whatever the deal is.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

gigi posted:

I’m not surprised because of the squid monster, I’m surprised because we’re holding these phones like our ears are on the sides of our heads.

Oh my god this is hilarious.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Veev posted:

Oh my god this is hilarious.

I imagine she spent a good bit trying to figure out if there was a way to draw 'em by their actual ears that didn't look ridiculous.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I just blitzed through this in a few hours last night and oh god :3: :3: :3:

Also I really like the paper crafts used in the Nightmare Knight history scenes.

Current best character is Almond, followed by Cucumber, Splashmaster, Peridot, then the rest.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The Kickstarter hit 45k, 3 updates a week from July to Decembe!

My only gripe is that the $50 reward and the $95 reward are exactly the same except you have to shell out $45 more for the same stuff except with a hardcover book. I want a hardcover, but not that badly.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

The Kickstarter hit 45k, 3 updates a week from July to Decembe!

My only gripe is that the $50 reward and the $95 reward are exactly the same except you have to shell out $45 more for the same stuff except with a hardcover book. I want a hardcover, but not that badly.

Oh, if only they were. The $50 reward gets the signed bookplate. The $95 reward doesn't get one; you have to go up to $160 to get your hardcover and softcover signed & sketched in. There is no option to just get the hardcover with a bookplate or sketched in--you have to get the softcover, too.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

Pyroclastic posted:

Oh, if only they were. The $50 reward gets the signed bookplate. The $95 reward doesn't get one; you have to go up to $160 to get your hardcover and softcover signed & sketched in. There is no option to just get the hardcover with a bookplate or sketched in--you have to get the softcover, too.

But the bookplates are limited only to the softcover versions - she did say "limited to 300" and there are 150 each of the $40 and $50 rewards (difference being $10 more for the print set).

I only just noticed the header had changed to Bagel. I don't remember if it ever had Cabbage on it, but you know he would just be the smuggest of the :smug:.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Kimitsu posted:

But the bookplates are limited only to the softcover versions - she did say "limited to 300" and there are 150 each of the $40 and $50 rewards (difference being $10 more for the print set).

I only just noticed the header had changed to Bagel. I don't remember if it ever had Cabbage on it, but you know he would just be the smuggest of the :smug:.

Why yes it did

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

New strip, in which Cabbage continues to be Worst Dad and Nautilus continues to just chill in the background.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Urdnot Fire posted:

New strip, in which Cabbage continues to be Worst Dad and Nautilus continues to just chill in the background.

I love the Man vs. Food reference.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dad sure is chilling it out in that prison cell.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Lance Streetman posted:

I love the Man vs. Food reference.

i'm gettin' the candy sweats

Cabbage is amazing.

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
Bagel looks so much nicer now than in the prologue. The lighting is great. The Cabbage panel is almost as good as Almond challenging the Nightmare Knight.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Brisket Sweats for new main character

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cabbage is the best worst dad.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
The Kickstarter is dangerously close to $55,000. I'm not sure yet if updating four times a week will be a good thing for the comic, though. I mean, yeah, more updates but also more stress and less time to work things out in general.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
At worst, she'll fall back to three, but for a longer period of time.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.

Comrade Question posted:

The Kickstarter is dangerously close to $55,000. I'm not sure yet if updating four times a week will be a good thing for the comic, though. I mean, yeah, more updates but also more stress and less time to work things out in general.

If she couldn't do it, I doubt she'd offer. This probably means that she'd feel comfortable to quit doing Other Paying Thing X and can focus more on what they probably WANT to do, as they seem to love doing Cucumber Quest.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp I just dropped another :10bux:x7 on this thing. I think I'll probably gift the book to my folks back home, I think my younger siblings would like it. And it's slightly more appropriate than giving them Homestuck swag for Christmas :v:

Fake edit: I love Homestuck, i just think it's not yet appropriate for the youngest of my siblings.

Real edit: 599 dollars to go :)

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Make that $387 :)

Anyways, almost busted!

Jasper Chalks
Dec 23, 2011
It's official! The kickstarter has now surpassed $55k! :dance:
Anyway, I hope that the update schedule won't end up hindering the comic, and that she has enough time to get each page done to the best standard that she can manage.
But still, $55k! :dance:

Jasper Chalks fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 17, 2012

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Double the Cucumber Quest for six months! This is going to be great!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
More Cucumber Quest means more good times! :woop:

Man, I can't wait for my hardcover to arrive.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm insanely excited for this. Ahhh!

More Splashmasterrr!

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Does this technically reduce Cabbage's dungeon term?

Comrade Question fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 17, 2012

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Comrade Question posted:

This whole Kickstarter thing has put a bad taste in my mouth. Look what happens when you get money involved in Caketown politics.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Comrade Question posted:

I hope one of the extra comics features him smugly pointing this out :argh:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Gigi DG obviously read Get More Paid.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I really want one of those hallways.

Also, the Kickstarter's at $60,000 with 17 and a half hours to go.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Edit: Wait a minute, is Bagel's cellphone a candybar?

Man it must be difficult in this world not to eat your possessions by accident.

I've been waffling over if I should pay $85 for the hardcover but after thinking about it I can go for the lower $25 softcover because I want in on this so much.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Well. The kickstarter is over at $62,953. That leaves gigi with about 56k after kickstarter and amazon fees. I honestly didn't think she'd make over 55k after fees, that's really amazing.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hooray, I got to give GGDG my money! :toot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yarr :3:.

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010
My favorite is the tiny claw. I can't read a single page of this comic without smiling, gonna wear my face out when July rolls around.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Wow, I didn't even notice that. This comic and its details :allears:

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

So, I take it he's a Fiddler Crab.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh gosh Bubblebeard has a HAT I didn't notice. This comic turns me into a giggling ninny and I love it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's all the way back on his butt! IT IS A BUTT HATT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just don't call it an asshat.