Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Has someone taken this as an avatar?
Because I'm taking this as an avatar, if that's cool with Comrade Question

EDIT: No one seems to be using it, as far as I've seen in this thread so yoink.

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lance Streetman posted:

This just showed up on Gigi's tumblr:

Holy hell yes. Am I the only one who thinks the horns on NK's helm are actually his bunny ears? Because of course, NK will be a bunnyperson. What else would he be?

nerdbot posted:

...oh, hell, how did I not think of the obvious joke that will happen.

Aww, I don't wanna see her leave already.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

nerdbot posted:

(http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/10344466698/)

She's with the rest of the gang here, just using her never-before-seen-but-totally-canon shadow powers. I think she will stick around!

Man I hope those aren't the only party members because Mario RPG/Super Paper Mario always had a weirder cast.
(crabbro for overpowered final teammate)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Fortis posted:

Wait, was it confirmed that she's an alien? I was about to link to Page 117, point out her line in Panel 4, note the similarity between the ear shapes, and then be all Smug Mr. Clever.

The way she refers to it as "this planet" in that page and here makes me think Cordelia is indeed an alien of some sort.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh no the jerk fairy is back :ohdear:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Peridot really should be nicer to her best friend's dad <:mad:>

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
On the other hand, she might mock Parfait's pendant, deriding the concept of love and bla bla bla.

Also, Bacon confirmed as not being a bunny person.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Terper posted:

Gigi's twitter has been fairly surreal lately. She's going mad with Fire Emblem, it's pretty great.

Honestly, I started following her because of her incredibly bizarre and surreal Sticker Star/Iwata Asks/anything Reggie tweets. Cucumber Quest came second.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Personally I like how it seems like all Disaster Masters are cyclops.
(I know we've only seen two but two out of two means the odds are in my favor)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Zero_Tactility posted:

I'm hoping that Bacon sets off on his own all disconsolately and as the story progresses he keeps appearing in the backgrounds way off in the distance having crazy adventures foisted upon him that are way more ridiculous than what's happening to the main party.

Like Luigi in TTYD? I could see Gigi doing that, but I'm sure whatever she has in mind will be more creative.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
No joke, I followed Gigi on twitter months before I started reading Cucumber Quest just because she tweets the best tweets.
Also, on that album, the fourth-to-last tweet isn't as funny without Nedroid's tweet, but I can't be assed to find it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Quick Nautilus, summon your Limbo Dimension!
Goshdang Gigi is the best thing to happen to webcomics.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Heavy Zed posted:

No it's all right. The heroes always survive the unwinnable boss-fight. Either because they "aren't worth his time to finish off" or because someone powerful and friendly swoops in to rescue them at the last second, or because they get thrown off a cliff/under rubble/into something else that "no one could survive". Really what's surprising is when someone doesn't survive this type of encounter.

Nightmare Knight seems too smart for the first one and is probably going to take precautions against the third, so my bet is that any second now they'll be saved by...Bacon?

Ok yeah they're boned.

I can see Nightmare Knight getting exasperated over Bacon being there and just leaving, especially since it seems his heart just isn't into this whole taking over the world only to be overthrown by a plucky band of heroes business.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Almond strikes me as the type that gets really into a game for one or two days, gets almost to the end, and then never touches it again.

Almond would totally beat Dark Souls' New Game++++++

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
My guess is that that guy is Lute's son, and Legato is more of a spirit/ghost thingy that is possessing him.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Razorwired posted:

1)Fancy Clothes
2)Paycheck
3)Prison Keys

1) Prison Keys
2) A full set of professional lock picks.
3) A broken down cell door he just kinda keeps propped up.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I still maintain Legato is some sort of magical spirit or power that is currently possessing Lute's bishie child.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So this is what gigi's like when she's fully unleashed.
Almond's douchechills are palpable.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Anyone not following Gigi on twitter should really start following her. She had an emotional breakdown after beating SMW3D, and is dedicating herself to drawing the perfect Bowser.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Gigi is saying on Twitter that Noisemaster is approximately the size of a cat. Of course, with GG, it can be hard to discern truth from joke.

Well, cats are usually bigger than bunnies, and Cordelia and Caboodle seem pretty tall.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

life_source posted:

And I highly doubt we will get any of the Disaster Master's as party members. This is looking like a 4 man team.

Maybe Nautilus will get a cool new summon? I think that is her role.

its pronounced ♥♪!?

If it's anything like Paper Mario there'll be one final party member who will join in the second-to-last area.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

HelloWinter posted:

Saturday and Brambleby seems to be from the flower kingdom (based on their ear design). So baseless assumption here… Would Saturday be somehow related to royalty or be a princess from the Flower kingdom? It kind of explains why she seems to have a butler from the Flower kingdom tagging along with her, too.

Please feel free to crush me like a nerd.

Her being the last princess's signature they need would be perfect and it makes so much sense it hurts.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
This is the part of the boss fight where the fight theme gets really muted and only the deep bass comes through clearly.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
This is the worst derail in the history of lovely, bizarre derails.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So Gigi is saying that it's really obvious who put up the shield stopping the Noiseblaster, but I haven't the foggiest. Was it the Oracle? Nightmare Knight himself? Mutemaster?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Plus she's a talented lady and people tend to get superweird about women being talented artists/writers/whatever (see: Kate Beaton)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Most people here are assuming that NK and the Oracle are being forced into their roles, but my question would be who (or what) is forcing them in the first place?

Cabbage

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

IMJack posted:

What's one of the recurring tropes in the Mario RPGs? Bowser is always the bad guy, and everyone just accepts it.

Bowser always sides with Mario to fight an even bigger threat.

Except in the first Paper Mario where he's straight up the last boss.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

umalt posted:

Still betting that the villain is an Avatar of G.g. herself.

That's the most terrifying prospect of all, if her twitter is anything to go by.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how this guy is trying to monetize both off of a property he didn't create while ripping off the artstyle and writing style of an artist talented beyond his means.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what are the odds this display of sincere friendship messes with NK even more.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It's kinda like Gigi is playing with story book and video game conventions in order to tell a relatively fresh story.
You know like having a reluctant hero in the full sense of the word, a reluctant villain, and a force for good that is actually a massive jerk.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TwoPair posted:

NK's been throwing fights for like, 80+ heroes
This is definitely what has been happening.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Kikas posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-588/
This sure does remind me of those "Let's destroy Metal Gear" comics Gigi did waaaaaaay back in that day.

Not enough pfffs

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
That is the most adorable looking rabbit ever drawn and gosh I wish it were avatar-sized

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

Take your pick;

Perfect, thanks. Now to wait for my next paycheck

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I thought Cordelia was meant to be a fox

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Carrot needs to do his character development that stops him from being a monumental wuss because if this keeps up it's gonna get real annoying.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

i guess im a nautilus cause i don't know what nautilus / peridot / caboodle have to do with things

Only the royal family got kidnapped.
Nautilus is royalty so she got kidnapped too
Wonder why Peridot and Caboodle got kidnapped I wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I always thought Cordelia was supposed to be seen as more of a big sister, not so much a mom.