Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

She just made 1000 dollars in a few minutes! (I can't drop money until the beginning of May :ohdear: )

You don't get charged until the deadline date!

Pledged $25 myself. I really, really wish I could afford the hardcover :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Honestly, after Double Fine's nuclear explosion of a Kickstarter I don't think I'll ever again be surprised at the speed these things meet their goals. Twitter + Kickstarter is an amazing combination.

I can't see any reason why she'd close the project, though. The goal was basically a "this is what I need to make this worthwhile" thing. The lower reward tiers are pre-orders and most of the contributions at that level probably go into printing additional books.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well, at the very least, we're getting a map in the books. Since it just creeped over 30k.

I really wonder what the 40k reward will be. The kickstarter certainly looks like it will get there at this rate. I also do hope the 1k tier donator doesn't cancel as we get further along.

$40k reward revealed: A new short story!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

You would think that they would have gotten better about hiding the stones over the past 500,000 years. :downs:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

ESPMCWCSM might be the best acronym ever.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-283/

Congratulations!

6 masters left? Now I'm starting to see the Paper Mario influence. And wow, how long has Chapter 1 been going on?

According to the site, Chapter 1 began on January 31. Also keep in mind we've been on highly accelerated release schedule lately thanks to the kickstarter.

I can't wait to see more of Dreamside. I wonder if Nautilus is going to tag along?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

We don't have a bard yet. Every party needs a bard!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Man, Brambleby sure managed to find that card quickly.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Raserys posted:

I hope Zack Morrison is next.

BEST! SPELL! EVER!

Zack should do every guest strip for every webcomic ever. :allears:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I must know what Gigi thinks of these. Please tell me you showed her.

I'm pretty sure she retweeted them.

Speaking of Gigi's twitter:

@gigideegee posted:

it's happening finally!!!

It's happening! :toot:

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 18, 2013

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Whatever dark deal with a demon Gigi made to work with colour the way she does it was totally worth it because :drat:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Well Almond certainly kicked things off here, didn't she. :suspense:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Please join the main group please join the main group please join the main group...

I want it to happen just so we get more amazing interaction between Almond and Peridot. :allears:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Am I the only one who didn't realize that Noisemaster was wearing some sort of helmet / Daft Punk face display until now? I thought that was just his actual form and I feel really dumb now.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Well that is, um, what? :confused:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

theshim posted:

Man I pretty much never look at twitter but somehow I ended up on Gigi's and :stonk:

I think you mean :allears:

READ MY WEBCOMIC

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bless you.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

PDF rewards for the book three Kickstarter went out today :woop:

You did back it, right? I hope so because if not you're missing out on some sick burns:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Has anyone gotten details on where / when to get the pdfs? There's nothing on the KS Page?

I got a message thru Kickstarter that had dropbox links. Someone in the thread mentioned that the release is being staggered so it might just not be your turn yet.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

You people that are complaining about pacing realize that it's been about 10 pages with less words than a restaurant menu, right?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Page 660 of Cucumber Quest where we find that a Hot Carrot provides solace.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

There's a difference between "I'm not gay!" and "I'm totally not crushing on this person!". Peridot is doing the latter. Hope this helps.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Guess I forgot there was a Noisemaster print included. It got a little dinged up in shipping(the top of the envelope was already torn open when I got it so I should be glad the contents aren't rotting on the floor of some godforsaken UPS truck right now I guess) but it's sweet as hell

I don't remember anything about a Noisemaster print but that's gorgeous :swoon:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-689/

The question is raised.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

The colours :swoon:

Also Almond's look on the last page is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Dang, can't say I'm surprised but I'm sad to see it go. Cucumber Quest is/was one of my favorites and though I'll miss not seeing it fully realized I absolutely enjoyed what we got and that hasn't changed.

And tho webcomic are notorious for this (if usually handled a lot worse), my opinion on the matter lines up Mr. Gaiman's response to ASOIAF fan complaining about GRRM's lack of progress:

Neil Gaiman posted:

Look, this may not be palatable, Gareth, and I keep trying to come up with a better way to put it, but the simplicity of things, at least from my perspective is this:

George R.R. Martin is not your bitch.

This is a useful thing to know, perhaps a useful thing to point out when you find yourself thinking that possibly George is, indeed, your bitch, and should be out there typing what you want to read right now.

People are not machines. Writers and artists aren't machines.