Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Wow. The best time skip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm just surprised that such a Large Ham made it in the world of Theatre.

A link!

I'm glad they found a part they could sandwich him into.

Also, in case anyone else wanted to know: The name 'Pancetta' fits.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Oct 30, 2015

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

gigi d.g. posted:

truthfully, you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone on the dreamfiction fan forums who doesn’t ship it

But does nightmare_child_35 ship it? That's what we need to know.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The other side of the coin: How much does the Oracle know about this, and how does it factor into her plans?

I want this to turn into Nightmare Knight and Princess Parfait adventures, on a quest to save his kids/minions/friends. But that will never happen as that is a bad idea, and this comic is on a good idea streak.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Though it was probably more for relieving stress and giving him time to think, I hope that NK's baking turned out to be his method of apologizing to the Disaster Masters. Nothing takes the edge off of being told that you're probably going to disappear than a chest full of amazing sweets.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

This f***in' Guy...

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Cavelcade posted:

What comics are these?

Look up 'hiimdaisy' for metal gear solid 3 and Persona 4. They were funny, bite-sized pokes at the weirder parts of the games.

And, as stated earlier, the internet ruined it. But look them up.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

What's really funny is that the Persona 4 comics were also a pretty decent way to get a super-condensed but still entertaining run through of the game's plot, a la DBZ Abridged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc

"You became friends with Yosuke."

"Yosuke will now DIE for you."

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's too early too know for sure, let's wait a bit to see if she has the star birthmark and can summon a stand.

It's right there over her eye?

Her stand's name is 'Truly Outrageous', and causes laser light shows.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Cavelcade posted:

Man, Cuco must be really mad. Not even a little bit of tact.

All this kid wanted to do was go to magic school. Can't do that, gotta be a hero!

He had several chances to talk it out and make peace. Nope! Gotta fight the bad guy!

He's been dragged around kingdom after kingdom dealing with this crap. He's just tired and wants to get it over with.

Forget tact. This has been coming for a while.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Super Punisher PeriMond Squad vs. Nightmare Apprentice. Let's go.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Stormgale posted:

The Witch betrayed by those closest to her "Punished (Venom) Peridot"

"NK has come to."

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Underlings getting rebellious? Give them what they ask for. It's a win-win.

Cordelia fails? No more catmom arguing with you. She succeeds? She knows not to screw around with forbidden crap again.

NK continues to be best chessmaster.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Maybe the Forsaken Master is actually nice? Maybe friendship is the answer?

Or maybe they should all just run away now as fast as they can.

Too late. It is already behind the heroes and eating the page. Like a true RPG boss, there is no 'flee' from this fight.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Forsaken master eats nothing but eggs and bacon

But he has such a promising acting career! It's too soon!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Wife made a good observation. In the comic where she states that 'this isn't like me', the gutter for the comic cuts over her face to punctuate the loss of identity.

Also, the lighting here is freaking great.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

I think that this Disaster Master is a bit more than he appears, especially with the tensions between Cuco and Almond.

That's going to end up being key in this chapter, and in more than a background way.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

youcallthatatwist posted:

A) these pages are incredible

B) i would not be surprised if this is all an act, and we still have to meet puppetmaster. But it could go either way, honestly

The chairoscuro lighting in the 2nd panel of the latest one is straight-up gorgeous. And there's little petals in the background, too.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Everything in this update was... great.

You could say it was...

TheBest

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Oh my god, it took me like all day to realize that the wand didn't summon Punisher Pumice, it actually made Cucu into a Pumice cosplayer.

I think it's more that it turned him into PP. They are in the Crystal Kingdom, after all.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-793/ posted:

My battle music is titled “Desperate Clown Dance for Everyone’s Souls at the End of the World”

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

The super best friends do my favorite banter LPs. The ones where they play truly garbage games like ride to hell retribution are the best, when they can just tear apart a game or completely lose it at how broken it is.

Chip cheezum does the best informative LPs. His metal gear revengeance and wonderful 101 runs where he just bodies them while showing off the secrets/superbosses or whatever and also adds insightful commentary with good video editing is the best, especially because his copilot is going in blind on both.

Second on both. Super Best Friends (Sw1tcher) have some really good chemistry for just talking about weird poo poo in games or just weird poo poo in general while they play over something like Yakuza 0 or one of their Fisticuffs videos. Chip Cheezum does really, really good informative plays. They did one recently of Uncharted 4 where they point out the small details of the game that help make it into this grand setpiece. Their 'Metal Gear Rising' playthrough is also amazing, mainly because CC is just super, super good at the game and General Ironicus (his co-pilot for his LPs) is just so excited to see the Metal Gear Ray get cut in half.

There's some other ones out there I enjoy, but those two are really, really good if you're looking to get into watching something to waste some time.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

Nightmare Knight wondering if he should seek royalties for use of his image.

Nightmare Knight wondering if he should get a gym membership and crush those abs.

Eh, who are we kidding. He'd never go for leg day.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

what the hell is this comic

A spinoff:

Quakemaster was omitted here for the sake of Pumice fans who aren’t caught up on the spinoff series, Cucumber Quest.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

I'unno, the only webcomic artist who went to law school was that conservative brony guy. And that was one of the worst law schools in the US.

Gigi, dahling, if there's one thing the States don't need more of, it's lawyers.

Maybe try a STEM degree? Architecture might suit you.

(I don't know if she still reads this thread, but it's worth a shot!)

Stephen Pastis, creator of 'Pearls Before Swine', was an artist who went to law school and became a litigator. He just got tired of it, took a shot, got rejected three or four times then finally hit his niche with Pearls.

Then again, that's not webcomics, so maybe the rules are different.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

PERIDOT PUMICE IS WAITING!!!

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 2, 2017

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Twist: Bacon has been a lady named Pancetta this whole time, but since Tomato is both a bully and an idiot, he ditched the name for something easier and told her to get in the armor.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Samovar posted:

Hello, Darkness my old friend...

I went with the piano at the opening of 'Mad World', but this also works.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Nothing is being shrouded. You seem to have read too much Cucumber Quest and imagine that this person on in the internet is like Nightmare Knight, just acting mean when they really want to bake cake or something. In reality there is only the cold, unsentimental reality of someone calling a webcomic bad and then improving it.

You sound like you need a hug. May I give you a hug?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

I also don't remember when Cucumber Quest was funny.

That offer for a free hug is still open. You always seem like you need one.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

That's really creepy.

At least it isn't a tired trolling gimmick.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

EDIT: Taken down because the joke wasn't funny.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 7, 2018

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Can't we try talking?

Nope!

Cuco then proceeds to murder the fool and his lackies with two spells and some help. Shoulda tried talking, man.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

more character in under a dozen pages than all of other m

Permission to use my facial muscles to smile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Hmm...it wouldn't be hard to make an animatic version of this, with the text scrolling over the background images and some music playing for the backdrop.

I'll have to fire up Davinci when I get my normal computer back. Heck, or Ren'Py if you want to control scrolling and have a 'log' menu.

It isn't dead. It's just...evolving. And it got real dusty in here...