Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yeah, he just sort of showed up in a much less serious world than he had expected.

It would be awesome if he and Cuco bonded a little over this.

"You met my sister, huh."

"Yes."

"Were you expecting this whole adventure to be a little less..."

"Silly?"

"Mm-hm."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Cosmo's got an entry on the character page for a reason.

This would be the time.

Cosmo's either going to be the reoccurring, slightly creepy inventor character a la Orange Kid or a servant of the Nightmare Knight/one of the Disaster Masters.

Granted, I'm basing that latter possibility solely on the fact that the star pattern on his clothes looks a lot like the Knight's own body.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

So if she's not a tiny bunnyman like the others, what is she? What has pointy ears and preys on bunnies? Fox if I know.

She's cat-themed. Who knows what significance that has.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Cuco's eyes are those of one who prays for a death he knows will not come.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Stay away from the dames in this kingdom, Cuco

All dames are crazypants

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wili posted:

So I wonder what kind of clever solution will they come up with.

Turns out the clever solution was pulling on it.

MAGIC!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Cuco buffs/debuffs, Nautilus' magic debilitates the enemy, and then you call in glass cannon Almond to really do some damage.

It's RPG Boss 101 up ins

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zereth posted:

Nightmare Knit is the chillest evil overlord I've ever seen.

When Cuco finally confronts him, mystical sword in hand, I fully expect NK's reaction to be something like "Oh my God, finally."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It occurs to me that Bacon is basically what you'd get if you took Homestuck's Clubs Deuce and made him a tiny bunnyman.

And that is okay.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Saturday's about to get blown into next week.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Cuco's gotten a lot tougher! Two chapters ago he'd have fainted dead away at this point.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Does that mean everyone will become Bacon? :ohdear:

Well, yes, eventually.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Commander Caboodle is from the Space Kingdom, I assume?

He's from whatever planet Cordelia dropped in from, if his ears are any indication. Cosmo is from the Space Kingdom. Either that, or your nightmares.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Someone's gotta end-o Crescendo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Does anyone even remember Noisemaster? No? Me neither.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Almond's going to need a comeuppance soon, since it's become real clear that she's exactly the kind of "hero" this adventure doesn't need.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rasamune posted:

So what was that y'all were saying about Almond getting her comeuppance

Mute's about to put the "break" in "breakdance."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Looks like when Mutemaster goes berserk, he actually stands up. On his legs. His wibbly, wobbly legs.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Good eel. Best summon.

Still the small matter of that orbital cannon, though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oneiros posted:

Am I the only one who didn't realize that Noisemaster was wearing some sort of helmet / Daft Punk face display until now? I thought that was just his actual form and I feel really dumb now.

That is his actual face. Which means his actual face just cracked like an ugly man's mirror.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Either NK doesn't like sequence-breakers (which would be kinda hypocritical after what he did earlier) or Cosmo actually did something right.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Fedora posted:

New page is up!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-471/
I love the composition of this page so much that I'm shopping for a ring.

I saw it first, you hussy.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Leper Colon V posted:

I think it's much more likely to Almond.

Almond probably wouldn't say boo, she's way too invested in the story going the same way it's gone the last 99 times.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Those legs on Cuco-kun. :stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Nightmare Knight is as bad at his job as Dream Oracle is at hers, please let them switch roles before the story ends.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

It was a good game, it's just that the ending twists were weird!

If Cucumber Quest were taking cues from Layton instead of Paper Mario then it would be revealed that everyone was actually time-traveling Peruvian robot lawyers, and also they are all related. And then it would be time for tea.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

The terrible webcomic thread has mocked CQ several times, and I believe is doing so right at this moment, as a result of the tweets.

I legitimately have no idea how anyone, anywhere could ever hate Cucumber Quest. That requires some serious dedication to hating. Maybe if you hate a little each day you can build up some kind of hate-muscles that eventually allow you to hate really good things?

The worst thing the mock thread has done to CQ is copy/paste Jerkcity dialogue into its bubbles and call it boring, which it occasionally is.

Gigi makes a cute comic but she's got a persecution complex big enough to bring the tides in.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 28, 2014

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

I just want Almond to stop being a rampant jackass for more than five minutes.

If NK has to be sealed again, fine. I just want Almond to rub two brain cells together before she does something.

Almond's basically setting herself up as the real villain of this story, though she's too dense to realize it. Her uppance will come.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Well, no. lt wasn't really funny (and, frankly really off. The "Glitchmaster talking like Earthbound" thing made sense due to the whole emulating 90s JRPG thing going on but the idea of photorealistic things existing in CQ had nothing to go on) and, giving S/he has the letter, s/he will have to show up again where the joke will still not be funny then.

Like I said, it comes off as a very Adult Swim, Tim and Eric sort of not-joke.

Hell, I'da thunk it was an April Fools strip that ended up ahead of the schedule it's so off.

You are literally complaining about a drawing of a bunny rabbit.

For the sake of those who at least pretend to care about you, re-evaluate the life choices which brought you to this point.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TwoPair posted:

So Carrot's new weapon is a bow that shoots arrows that turn to whips/ropes and it is also a sword.

Carrot confirmed for broken party member pls nerf.

Don't worry, Trance only lasts for the duration of the battle.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fecha posted:

He's lost control of his life.

I get it! I get the reference.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
That girl is getting spoiled rotten.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Yes indeed there seem to be many Tumblrite hacks eager to cash in on Cucumber Quest's style. One webcomic went as far as to rip off the style of character profiles.

The red-haired dude trasnsitions to become Huge Lesbo

Really:

I keep trying to find positive things about the way you post, but you really do get a twitch if you can't constantly assume superiority over other people with the most spurious of justifications, huh.

I don't know what the hell you do for a living (I mean, Finnish, so "unemployed" is a solid one-in-ten roll), but it must not be very fulfilling.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/guest-4-zack-morrison/

Zack Morrison gives us a peek into a brighter timeline.

dollar bill cape

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Paul.Power posted:

Heck, if I want to go out on a speculation limb here, the fact that he's a magic user unlike every other sword-using Legendary Hero suggests that it might even be the key to breaking the cycle.

I think the wand is more an indication of how Cuco's temperament is key to breaking the cycle. For every cycle up to now we've had the Hero, a brash dipshit with a sword, and the Sidekick, a shy pacifist mage, but now that's inverted and it's gumming up the expected order of things. Almond's still doing her best to ruin everything, but even she's starting to come around to her brother's way of thinking about the whole conflict.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jazu posted:

They washed off the magic runes on the handle, the wand is broken forever.

wosh u wand

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cavelcade posted:

Man, Cuco must be really mad. Not even a little bit of tact.

Almond deserves worse. People have gotten hurt because she wanted to run around playing hero and she's just dug herself deeper at every turn.

She's cute and has her silly little crush on the bucktoothed rock-witch girl but Almond's really kind of a bad person.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The weenie brother's patience is long as his tongue is sharp.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Apraxin posted:

To be fair to Almond, they do live in a world where pretty much everyone except Cuco considers it perfectly normal that when the Nightmare Knight appears to threaten all creation, the Dream Oracle, supernatural Protector of the World, picks a literal child to be the Hero who goes on an adventure to defeat him and all his Disaster Masters without any training or guidance. Plus, the last time this happened it worked out absolutely fine for the Hero. (The last 99 times even, not that they knew that at the start.) It's not her fault that this is the point where the whole 500,000 year cycle goes off the rails.

Most of those people never get close enough to the conflict to notice the seams, though. Almond is right in the thick of it, and once her heroism high wore off even she was able to see that not everything in this situation was on the up and up. But instead of stepping back and evaluating things she just doubled down over and over again, and people are now getting hurt because she can't get over her self-righteous attitude.

In that respect she's no different from all the heroes who came before her, but by all appearances they were all horrible people too. Just look at Cabbage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tetracube posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-774/

"Fear of Loss"

we're all thinking it

:dunkedon: