Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Cucumber Quest is clearly the best

snucks posted:

I will never be as good at art as gigi digi.

Bonne Fête Job Dog is the best also so maybe you should SHUT UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Waffnuffly posted:

I wouldn't worry about that. Few things other than Homestuck have the potential to make idiotic teenagers think that spitting in a communal bucket in a public restaurant is a good idea.

okay wait what

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
How can a comic manage to be so cute and adorable augh

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Azran posted:

Peridot is totally joining them. :v:

That's because Peridot is totally the Crystal Kingdom princess. Calling it :colbert:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Are we still taking a guess at what would Noisemaster sound like? Because I'm thinking OG Loc :allears:
And oh my god this comic has the best colors.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Luminous Obscurity posted:

GiGi has the best tweets. :allears:

Didn't she win a contest or something for a tweet she made about how the relationship system in Fire Emblem is silly?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
The door is ya boy's partner in crime, isn't it? But it seemed so helpful :(

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

The Lone Badger posted:

Double-Knight was totally going to vaporise Cucumber, only he lost interest halfway through and just sort of let go of the fireball. I mean, what's the point?

Oh man, NK is starting to sound like a PFSC character.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-377/

The important thing is that Mezzo's okay, if in a lot of pain.

the most important thing is that Cucumber is being a Negative Nancy as usual :mad:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Nonbaka posted:

Damnit, Bacon, quit stalking from the shadows and go join the party already!

HOW DID I MISS THIS, especially since the first thing I do when staring at every panel is look for Bacon.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Oh my gosh he's going to have a lavishly decorated theater stage but nautilus is going to accidentally crash and burn everything because she can't see without her glasses, right? :3::3::3:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Third Murderer posted:

The ears thing is the creepiest part of Legato's character so far. Is this guy some kind of rabbit racist? :mad:

In cute bunny people world, ear-binding is straight-up Cloud Atlas territory.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Aaah can't wait to check everybody's equipment :3:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
I know that since the play is meant to keep them busy while the thingie loads, they'll have to interrupt it somehow, but ohmygod I want to see ALL OF IT

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

You just KNOW Legato wrote this part after someone called him "Legatool"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

snow cs posted:

Actually if you were in Gigi's drawstream last night you'd know that Bacon is canonically a wonderful singer!

Oh my god does Gigi stream, how did I miss this

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Dr. Buttass posted:

Look, if we're really gonna do the after-school special thing and learn that bullies are the real monsters, can we at least have Mandolin turn into a hideous abomination? Please?

But he IS a hideous abomination. Did you forget that he is ~UGLY BOY~?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

WFGuy posted:

Time for some pretty colours.

Why we've spent close to two years without adding this to the thread title is beyond me.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
This strip's author comment has me livid. So Noisemaster is ya boy, but Princess Piano isn't ya girl? MISANDRY :colbert:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

It's not that I didn't believe it, it's just that I thought the bunnies were the size of bunnies.

Roxors posted:

Sorry, next page is going to be Noisemaster laughing and saying that this time will be different because reasons. The main one being the moon laser.

No, the main one being that this is the first time the Legendary Hero is some whiny baby who wants to talk things out! What a wimp! I mean, what is he, nine?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Drakyn posted:

Anyone cared to hazard a guess at the meaning of the small-print purple text appended to the Nightmare Knight's character profile yet?

I'm guessing it's a reference to how Double-Knight has been implied to be Actually Not That Bad from, like, a while now? This strip is just as foreboding as the good ol' shifty eyed dog in The Simpsons.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
well those two are just too cute together, so the only choice Gigi has left is to make them join the team. :colbert:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Cuco is clearly cruisin' for a bruisin'.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

The mute effect is amazing I can't get over how good it looks.

It does NOT look good it's TAKING AWAY ALL THE PRETTY COLORS :mad:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Well, it is true that the pain of the drain comes mostly from the chain.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Gigi is getting angry at Professor Layton on twitter and it's great

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Popo posted:

I do enjoy Gigi's Q&A sessions.

"Because Dreamside is a world that runs on wizards..."

I like to think this is actually horribly dark and basically the Matrix only with wizards as the human batteries.

I think Gigi already gave an answer along the lines of "there will be some dark/sad moments ahead, but it won't be a huge leap in tone from the general feel of the comic".

e: Oh you mean as a joke. That's cool. I get jokes. I am a joke-getter.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

kurona_bright posted:

Wow, Cucumber actually looks pissed for once. I wonder if he's gonna blow up or just grind his teeth.

That wimp? Take a wild guess!!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
That is true, but in GGDG's particular case I'm pretty sure her amazing coloring skills somehow give her a heightened perception of reality.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Kikas posted:

Unfortunately, I doubt there is much Gigi can do about this because it's a "parody", the patron tag of people going "wachu gonna do 'bout it, bitch?". And they still avoid the "Do you have her explicit permission" question.

On the topic of the comic, I love Lettuce's face in this comic. I wonder who they're going to find.

Parody still has to abide by certain rules regarding intellectual property, though. Most importantly, the work can't be falsely attributed to the original author or parodied figure (not believably so, at least) or produced in such a way that leads to confusion.
Gigi's (or Hiimdaisy, it doesn't matter) name is plastered all over the kickstarter, and I'll go on a limb and say that they're chopping the old Hiimdaisy comics and rearranging the faces around in order to produce the couple of strips they've posted as samples, because the artist that they signed up for the job is on a... ah, let's say, different skill level.

So they've painted themselves into pretty much the one corner of the Parody Room where the answer to "wachu gonna do 'bout it, bitch?" is without a doubt "I am going to sue, and win".

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Guitar_Hero posted:

Dead gigi day.

enjoy this drawing of a sad bunny in the snow ^u^ (just a sketch though, i will ink it later this week!!)
- August 13, 2006

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Don't fall into the temptation of getting an avatar of one of these panels, guys. Gigi's entered a never-ending black hole of good comic-making. Each page will be better and better. Each panel will have facial expressions more outrageous and/or endearing than the last. Each update will feature a more dazzling color palette than the previous one. It will keep happening. It will never end. You can't get another CQ avatar anymore, because the best av material will always be one update away.

This is it, this is her endgame. This is how she will crush all nerds.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
This comic has no flaws.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
This page... is the rudest page.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Lamezone and K6BD. I respect all dissenting opinions, but they're wrong.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I didn't see any nerds get crushed though, sorry!

I'd ask for a refund :colbert:

(did you get the fashion book? I want that!!!)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Gigi has been laying some hard truths about videogames on her tumblr.

gigi posted:

19: Which game do you think deserves a revival?

Tales of Legendia… I wish they’d do it right this time……..

If you’d asked me this in 2012, I would have said Luigi’s Mansion, but *slowly turns to look at the camera with a completely dead expression*

22:If you could immerse yourself in any game for one day, which game would it be? What would you do?

I want to live in the Kirby universe and hang out in the stars and eat cute food all day.

23: Biggest disappointment you’ve had in gaming?

OH, Y’KNOW

BUBSY

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

It was a good game, it's just that the ending twists were weird!

Man, that could be said of almost every Layton game, couldn't it? Like, we get it, everybody in this town/country/nation wants you to solve puzzles. It's okay. It's why we bought the game. You don't need to wizard up some last-minute explanation as to why they're all about puzzles. I come in here willing to suspend disbelief about all the puzzle-waving, the sudden reveal that they're part of a cult of puzzle-worshiping demons is unnecessary.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

chiefnewo posted:

"I don't think this joke works as an escape. It would be better if it was used when they needed an escape." I'm not sure it would be any funnier than it already is. But it's perfectly fine not to enjoy everything about the comic - I don't think anyone is going to jump down your throat for daring to question the great and wise gigi.

I will!!
No seriously tho, I 'get' the feeling. Maybe the problem is that we spent exactly one strip worrying about bunnies crashing against the sun? Also I can't help but thinking "you amuse me, so I'm hurling you at the sun" is missing some steps of supervillain logic somewhere in the middle. Anyway, I'm totally in the mood for this pizza-themed escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Popo posted:

Omigosh that sun! Move aside Peridot, we have a new cuteness in town.

The balance of political power must swing heavily in favour of the Sky Kingdom if they have control over the sun.

Yeah but I bet their status suffers greatly from being the place where all the magic nerds gather at.