Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

One of the things I particularly love about Cucumber Quest is gigidigi finds a way to subtly improve and refine her already gorgeous art as the story progresses. I remember stumbling onto Cucumber Quest some time ago and thinking it was some bizarre homage to Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, initially. Anyway, CQ is totally awesome.

And if we're throwing in favorite character opinions, Cordelia is clearly the best. I mean really...

hell astro course fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

So, I love cucumber quest...a lot. I thought I'd make some avatars for the thread, using some of the more obscure characters/art within the pages. Gigidigi's character expressions are just as delightful everything else! Anyway, hopefully they're ok... Enjoy!

I couldn't help but put young cabbage in there, something about the shades and awkward teenage mustache just does it for me.

(I felt a baker's dozen was an appropriate number)

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

QueerPope posted:

God, every single piece of anything in Cucumber Quest looks deserving of being hung in the museum of fine art. Even those avatars separated from their pages look like masterpieces. How does Gigi get this all done so easily when it's all so astounding.

That Thomas Kinkade was famous and making loads of money while GigiDigi can't even make a living off her art, it's a travesty really.

I'm curious what kind of web traffic Cucumber Quest gets...It's still pretty new in internet-terms..I mean it's only on chapter 1. I can't imagine it not getting more popular as the body of work grows. I don't even think CQ has a donation page..does it? Either way, I hope she does a kickstarter just to support something so great.

Comrade Question posted:

Speaking of avatars, have half an actual dozen more:

This is awesome.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Oh man. Nightmare Knight just showed up...and he doesn't seem too happy about Splashmaster's bitchin' crown. ...I think stuff is about to get real.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Went for the hardcover edition! She's nearly to her goal already.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I still can't believe it's updating 4 times a week. It feels like time is melting or something.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I really like how gigdigi does the seastar lagoon at night.... the indigo textures in the background with the starry sky is super neat. For some weird reason it reminds me of Star Tropics (I guess because of the name)....her color studies are great...but the reflections in the water really sell it. She somehow manages to capture a night without light pollution amazingly well... Sorry to art-gush, but I love looking at cucumber quest if not only to learn a thing or two...

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Commander Caboodle is not the hero dreamside needs, he's the hero dreamside deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Watching gigidigi just crush it with neon coloring has been one of the highlights of 2013.