Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
How long has this thread been here?

I picked up on Cucumber Quest back when one of the Mock Threads went through a "let's link webcomics that aren't terrible" phase about a month or two back, along with Paranatural and String Theory (though I'd read String Theory before). I still follow all three, but Cucumber Quest is the only one which has earned a bookmark.

It's just SO CHARMING. I love it to bits, I love the humor, the attitude, I love how you can read it straight or turn it into a complete sendup with the artist's comments. I never picked up on the Paper Mario inspiration before, but I'm not really sure how--and it just makes me love it all the more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

chiefnewo posted:

For me characters like that who constantly get away with pulling poo poo like that just irritate me.

Yeah, at this point Cosmo is just really annoying me. Which is good, I think! Some characters should be like that.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Clearly Cucumber's real place among the team isn't "wizard" but "person with actual critical thinking skills".

See also: "wizard".

Or, well, usually that's the cleric's role. Mostly because it's the cleric's job NOT to run in guns blazing so they can pick up the pieces of the rest of the party who do.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Cucumber: use LV2 Sleuth Diplomacy.

So, wait, the next page is going to be Cucumber tommygunning the heck out of him?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Coach Sport posted:

I'm guessing this page has something to do with Mutemaster: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-362/
I'm really digging the different art-styles in this comic. Noisemaster is all neon and crazy, and mutemaster is apparently somber and monochrome (assuming that gray-out effect is going to be his "theme"). I'm thinking we're in for some major artistic whiplash either in this chapter or the next.

Kind of weird that Mutemaster would be buds with Noisemaster, though.

They're both inversions of Melody. Raw noise is the opposite of a beautifully composed melody--but so is dead silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

The piano is one of the most astonishing instruments humanity has ever produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpuROwy_8mg

Chopin's "Revolutionary Etude Op 12. No. 10", which I recently rediscovered after watching the Catherine LP. One of the most Polish pieces ever written, swinging wildly between piano and forte. Mostly forte though.