Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I have been putting off reading this comic, but all those images in the OP have pushed me over the brink. Archive binge begins now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

And done. Wow, that was pretty amazing. Someone needs to draw Bacon and Boxbot hanging out together.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Edit: Wait a minute, is Bagel's cellphone a candybar?

I was just coming here to post this. It is. It is a half-unwrapped chocolate bar oh my god.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I was kind of hoping he'd just barbecue Splashmaster with his wand. I know it wouldn't fit the tone, but it would be so cathartic.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

That is to say: hey, an update!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-290/

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Kikas posted:

Yeah there's something fishy going on here... Why even make a face like that in the first place?

I read it as her having figured out how the cannon works. She's deliberately holding in her impulse to shout so it won't get the last percent. So the "I am totally being calm" face is a bit forced.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-346/

Gigi posted:

You’re not my boy.

:colbert:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I think the Nightmare Knight is interested in ending the cycle too; note that he opened up the wall for Our Heroes right after Nautilus said that was their goal.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

OK, who told her? Fess up.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Whitenoise Poster posted:

She's saying they gay and also complaining about the absurdly widespread habit of people doing insane back flip corkscrews to call obvious lesbians straight platonic friends.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Which is weird, because there is also an absurdly widespread habit of people doing insane back flip corkscrews to call platonic friend (or even family) obviously porking.

Basically, at whatever point they're at, a lot of people will just write the rest of the story in their own heads and try to ignore evidence that they've got it wrong to the maximum extent possible. This tendency is not restricted by gender preference.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I think she's talking about stuff like the Jerkcity edit. Jerkcity is one of those cultural things that seems a lot more horrifying if you aren't already within its ambit.

She seems to be having a bad day on twitter in general; it sounds like some MRAs are bugging her.

quote:

G☆I☆G☆I @gigideegee · 35m "ok, women are hurt by sexism in a variety of ways, but I find some of them insignificant. did you know a man is probably dying right now?"

G☆I☆G☆I @gigideegee · 34m we know bad things happen to men too. do you usually contribute to discussions of social issues by comparing everything to the holocaust, or

G☆I☆G☆I @gigideegee · 15m "he explicitly said he was waging a war on women" "yeah but more men died so--" stop! please! read what you are typing

G☆I☆G☆I @gigideegee · 13m sorry for depressing tweets again. i am very sad atm

Might be a good time to buy a book or something if you've been thinking about doing it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe Something Awful... is good?

Something to think about.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I wonder how she'd recolor Noisemaster's costume for that. Usually you go more garish, but...

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I wonder how many of the other contestants are Rosemaster's... plants.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

People are talking about another new page that went up:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-540/

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

"@gigideegee they have an even creepier offsite chat that they were attempting to invite artists to for some reason. :allears:"

We have? Nobody ever tells me anything.

There's an IRC channel attached to the regular, non-mock webcomic thread that's been pretty dormant for years. I think we had a discussion about a year ago about making a new one, which never happened. So, basically, no, as far as I know that's just more nonsense.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

To be fair, the GBS webcomics thread is incredibly gross, and the regular one isn't really much better.

I think you'll find that the regular webcomic thread is pretty cool, friend.

As it happens, though, she's probably upset about the recent discussion of Questionable Content in that thread. It ended up being mostly in favor of the comic, actually, but a few people really get mad about it whenever it comes up. And then K.C. Green decided to tweet about it and a few other webcomic artists joined in, so I guess a few of them really are reading SA? It's all kind of weird.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

I... I don't think we ever put Cucumber Quest in the terrible webcomics thread, did we?

The terrible webcomic thread has mocked CQ several times, and I believe is doing so right at this moment, as a result of the tweets.

I legitimately have no idea how anyone, anywhere could ever hate Cucumber Quest. That requires some serious dedication to hating. Maybe if you hate a little each day you can build up some kind of hate-muscles that eventually allow you to hate really good things?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Thanks Internet posted:

In other news, it looks like the $60,000 stretch goal got met and the $80,000 one is looking pretty likely, so we're in for more frequent updates again.

The extra-update tier really is the best tier. Maybe someday she'll start up a Patreon so we can cleverly force her to update more frequently in perpetuity by giving her large sums of money.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

The Silver Snail posted:

You do that in Aquaria, except you collect songs instead of spells, but they are basically the same thing.

This is exactly how Loom works, as well.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

The first time she said it, it was right after someone had posted some Jerkcity crossover fanart in this thread. Could have been a coincidence, but I doubt it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

It's way too early in the story for Carrot to redeem himself. He needs to gently caress up more first.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

khy posted:

Cordelia's motivation seems really selfish and self-centered

Well, she IS a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

And now, Cucumber says what everyone has been thinking for some time:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-746/