Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never realized that was a cape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sounds awesome. I kind of wonder how she plans on sustaining that sort of output though :ohdear:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp I just dropped another :10bux:x7 on this thing. I think I'll probably gift the book to my folks back home, I think my younger siblings would like it. And it's slightly more appropriate than giving them Homestuck swag for Christmas :v:

Fake edit: I love Homestuck, i just think it's not yet appropriate for the youngest of my siblings.

Real edit: 599 dollars to go :)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just don't call it an asshat.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-211/

If that's not South-Western, I don't know what is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aw man I wish I hadn't botched my pledge for the hardcover :smith:

Those look so nice... :sigh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will buy any avatar for the person who makes me a quality avatar of the King's expression in panel 6.

VVVVV: Can you put a border around it and flip it horizontally so it faces the posts?

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 23, 2012

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Joining the Cucumber Quest (avatar) Crew!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't remember pledging for these, but I got a set of the little portraits of Cuco, Almond, Carrot, Peridot, Bacon, Cabbage, and the Nightmare Knight. I have no idea what to do with these. I love them and they're pretty, but what do I do with them :confused:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you think the chances are they're actually going to seal them away permanently at the end anyway? I mean, that would take competence :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder what part of the story Peridot's going to end up joining the party? :3:

I'm sorry, I simply can't take her seriously as a villain.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unsounded is good, but it is not at all like Cucumberquest :catstare:

Monster Pulse is good, but it alternates between :3: and :gonk:

Kiwi Blitz is similar with a bit less :gonk:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 30, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nautilus :smith:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I for one welcome our Bacon overlord(s?)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cabbage is the best, accept no substitutes :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure it changes more often than that. How many banners have there been now?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you mean, "turned everyone around"? We've always loved Bacon.

Raserys, I don't get the reference, mind explaining :saddowns:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raserys posted:

Uhh the one about Bacon's goofy antics? I dunno, I just thought of it off the top of my head. Maybe I subconsciously grabbed it from some other RPG! Or Paper Mario since that seems to be the most frequent explanation.

No I mean what is a Vivian

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh my gosh, that's a lot more graphic than Splashmaster's death. I thought this was supposed to be a lighthearted comic Gigi! :(

Wonder why he did that though? Is he tired of this cycle and trying to get this one over with? Or is he hoping Cucumber will break it somehow?

Well technically Splash didn't die :eng101:

I wonder what game Dub-Knights is playing here though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He turned Nautilus into an accordion didn't he :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is a :smug: Almond.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Legato is gonna be like Popple.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would not be able to make something like this. I would be laughing too hard to ever complete it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Lobe posted:

I dunno, Cabbage gets away with bullying his son scot-free, and his son's even got magic power.

Man, have you SEEN his Jerk stat? You'd need more than a collection of macguffins to overcome that :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just noticed that Piano's hair is shaped like the back of a grand piano :geno:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I highly doubt that would happen. She seems to have a pretty level head on her shoulders.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So is that like the real noisemaster

I'm so confused

No, that's just his pet.

Noisemaster seems pretty fatalistic about this whole thing. I wonder why? I mean, he certainly didn't seem very happy about it earlier.

E: I just realized he's kind of got the profile of a butterfly, with those streamers coming off his head and back :raise:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 21, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HMS Beagle posted:

Could that be a second Disaster Master? If you look at these disaster stone pins there's one that sort of looks like a musical rest next to noise master's, and there are enough masters that there should be one kingdom that gets two, which I believe gigi has mentioned on her tumblr. Edit: Here's the tumblr post where she mentions that two of the DMs are probably hanging out together

Spoiler text is stuff from the cucumber store and gigi's tumblr.

This actually works really well. Going by the symbols, the Melody Kingdom is fairly obviously the one with two Disaster Masters. Still, this dude has 2 eyes. I don't know if it's actually confirmed everywhere but I thought all of the Disaster Masters shared the trait of having just one eye.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Almond you're an rear end in a top hat :mad:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what was it we were saying about Almond loving everything up :gibs:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't not read Noisemaster's dialogue this last page with some kind of drawl. Not really sure why though. It's really weird because it doesn't really fit very good with most of his other dialogue, at least in my head :confused:]

E: What was it some folks were saying a while ago about Knightmare Knight being the Dream Oracle's former boyfriend and all this stuff basically being her being a jerk?

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 1, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, I don't really want her to get beat down.

We can see which of the siblings got Cabbage's Jerkface stat bonus though :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popo posted:

Not at all, sorry for coming across like that. It's more the "All the worlds problems are because of a woman" thing. She's a jerk, no doubt but the implication the whole legendary quest is just her getting at Knitmore Night just seemed a bit much.
Appologise again though, I've been reading a lot of lovely sites like Red Pill for a research project so I'm a bit jumpy at these things right now. Didn't mean to start anything or be all SJW.

I totally agree with you about the Red Pill and poo poo. Fuckers are pretty gross.

It's just that I also can totally see the Dream Oracle having a big enough Jerkface stat to start this thing off and then being too lazy to actually do anything about it when it turned into a loop :effort:

Basically, it doesn't seem out of character to me.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Razorwired posted:

I don't understand why people would see this as any kind of a turn or stretch for Almond. She's one of my favorites but she made the story happen by deliberately handing the Disaster Stone over to the bad guys so she could become the Legendary Hero.

This one biting her is a good opportunity for character growth but saying Almond has a beatdown coming because she acted like Almond is stupid.

I agree, it's not out of character. It's just started coming around to bite her in the rear end. I don't think she'll get too mauled, Cucco should be doing something by now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unhappy Meal posted:

You know what you guys need, some fan art.

Artist's Tumblr

This is pretty great.

E: Oh right, I was gonna post that I got my books from the book 2 kickstarter today! They look pretty great.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 6, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trebuchet King posted:

Oh my god, I'm suddenly terrified of Noisemaster.

You weren't three pages ago?

E: I just realized that the two non-muted characters in this page are the princesses. Noisemaster certainly seemed to have some other kind of plan up his sleeve, beyond what he was telling Knightmare Knight.

If he absconds with the two of them and starts some crazy plot where he's collecting the princesses for some reason, I'm not sure if that's not cool or really cool. On the one hand, implications; on the other, a twist to shake up the "find princess/defeat master/move to next kingdom" formula plot. Hm.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Feb 7, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blackheart posted:

Honestly I was expecting the GameBro theme, unchanged.

Dammit, I was thinking the exact same thing :arghfist::downs:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder which is worse; whatever happened to Nautilus, or Piano forgetting herself?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Theory: every castle in the world will be rubble-ized by the end of the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He looks like The One Electronic like that :raise:

Odds on Noisemaster having somehow hooked this up to take him out of the cycle permanently?