Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh gosh Bubblebeard has a HAT I didn't notice. This comic turns me into a giggling ninny and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Lance Streetman posted:

New page:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/

So THAT'S where splashmaster's crown came from.

I like how Nautilus disappeared in a couple of seconds, but then it turns out she just went "OMG LIMBO! :neckbeard:" and ran off. There is nothing about this comic I do not like.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Yeah this comic pretty consistently gives me sugary cravings.

Also I would like to be friends with Bubblebeard please.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Page 187.

GRAPE ELEMENTAL.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Well, A fist/claw as big as his. He has that one tiny one. Probably not great for punching.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Brrglrf.

That's going to be my goto method of making people feel better now. Depressed? Face smoosh. Upset? Face smoosh. Angry? Face smoosh. Who can be sad or angry when you're talking like that!?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

"Sorry, I know your bones are probably broken and you're probably bleeding internally but...I'm just gonna..take our stuff back..."

Not that I think CQ would ever be that violent, it just made me giggle that Cuc's first action was to go grab their poo poo before Saturday comes to and shoots at them some more. :allears:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Lance Streetman posted:

I am so buying that hardcover. This is gonna be amazing.

Ed: Oh jeez, I didn't even notice Cuco grabbing his wand from Saturday.

And Liquus! Poor Liquus hasn't been having a good day. :(

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I already want to punch him.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I kinda of wanted to see Saturday smooshed onto the space ship and then being dragged away with it as it took off, yelling the whole way.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

LemonRind posted:

With it being splashmaster I'm expecting him to see a bunny, and toss her straight into the cage.

You were saying? :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Splashmaster is already asleep again. He better be reformed at the end of the story and turn into an awesome doofy good guy best friend to the bunny people. :colbert:

I love how this comic avoids heavy stuff like the heroes possibly being killed by sticking to "I'm gonna beat you up later!" instead of "I WILL HANG YOU WITH YOUR OWN INTESTIIIIINES", but does it without being overly childish or doing that stupid Dragon Ball Z "I will send you to another dimension!" poo poo. It's nice to know that something this charming won't go all-Disney-movies-for-the-last-15-years on you and ruin your whole week.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

New page early!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-237/

Solution: order a bunch of pizzas, save them for later. AMAZING.

I wonder of the pizzas just appear, or if a delivery guy just appears and expects to actually be paid. This is important to my plan.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-248/

So cute. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Lance Streetman posted:

P. Much, yeah. And she's gone on record as saying that she hates it when people ask her when she'll finish her P4 comics, or when she'll do a MGS4 comic.

Well, specifically, on her Twitter she said something to the nature of "I don't mind when people say something like "hey I loved your game comics and I just found CQ, big fan!" but it's really rude to say things like "OMG WHEN ARE YOU FINISHING THE P4 COMIC HUH!??!?!" which makes sense. Her old stuff is how I found CQ, after all.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Hell yes, Carrot! :black101:
He'll probably turn right back into a total wuss within the next 2 pages...

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Oh drat. :munch:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

She's just so horrified and disgusted. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I like how Splashmaster is just going along with everything, Nautilus acts like she completely expected it to happen, and everyone else is "...okay whatever woo goo Nautilus I guess."

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Doink. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Almond, what did you expect? He's a giant squid and you're like a 40 pound bunny girl. :colbert:

Poor Liquus though. He's been knocked around so much lately.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Wasn't that a wooden practice sword or am I just remembering things?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-283/

Congratulations!

6 masters left? Now I'm starting to see the Paper Mario influence. And wow, how long has Chapter 1 been going on?

I like how Nautilus in the first panel is all fangirling about the Oracle showing up.

Also when Cucumber Quest finishes, if nobody makes a fan video game version of the comic story I will be shocked and appalled.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

D'aww, he has a big picture of Bagel on the wall. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Oh man. I laughed for a good minute or so at that last panel. If I hadn't just been graced by the avatar fairy from another thread I would instabuy that face.

Paul.Power posted:

Kind of less cute when there's nothing stopping him from just going home and seeing the real thing.

How do you know he's not already? :colbert: Door's totally unlocked and he's getting food from somewhere. I like to imagine she sneaks in all stealthily and covert-y as she can all serious business "OH MY POOR HUSBAND, KIDNAPPED BY EVIL-DOERS, AND THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS BRING HIM FOOD SO HE DOESN'T STARVE IN HIS HORRIBLE CONDITIONS" and he just goes right along with it, rushing around to hide his books and cushy lounge chair.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 13, 2013

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Mr. Peepers posted:

I don't get this page. (298)

What, you can't read IPA? :smug:

He's pronouncing the "dot" in her name as in "dotted line", not Peri-d'oh. It's mentioned either earlier in the comic or on her bio page that she HATES when people do that.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-306/

Take that, JERKmato! :argh:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

He turned to look at her and then he gently shut the door, he gives a LITTLE BIT of a gently caress. Knightmare Knit is just a big softy. :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Oops.

Cosmo is the best and worst character in this comic. Best because it's Cosmo and he's great. Worst because I want to punch him in the face now.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Not only that, a new page~

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-331/

Carrot and Nautilus are great.

I have been laughing out loud for like a minute straight at panels 4-6. I love it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Cookie hats. :3:

It would really, really suck to be diabetic in the Doughnut Kingdom.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

edit: beaten

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Luminous Obscurity posted:

She's going to bust out a wicked facemelter. :black101:

If this doesn't actually happen I will be very disappointed because Gigi would do it perfectly with CQ's art and humor style.

I bet Almond would love it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I'm not sure what it says about me or this comic that my first thought was not "Oh no she's being kidnapped by a bad guy!" but "I bet that's Cosmo." :v:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

The look of sheer disgust on Sir Carrot's face is amazing.

eta: It took me this long to notice it, but where the hell did that pillow come from

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 22, 2013

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

My eyes hurt. Everything about this is amazing. :allears:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I love the colors on this page and how they imply that the entire concert hall is being lit by fluorescent lights now.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

While Cucumber, Almond, and Sir Carrot are screaming their heads off, Nautilus appears to be more screaming to cover up her fascination with Noise Master. :3: I bet she never saw anything so garish and crazy in the Ripple Kingdom.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I love the last panel. It's like he's thinking "oh lord why am I still doing this, I should just join a knitting group or something".

edit: After posting I remembered the "Knightmare Knit" thing. Accidental puns, go! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Oh for God's sake. Noisemaster is talking in generic hip-hop or club scene slang. Those are not ebonics. At all. How is that any more offensive than if his name was Metalmaster and he talked in DUDE THIS IS SO BRUTAL CHECK THIS OUT IT'S GONNA MELT YOUR FACE OOOOOOOFF metal-head speak? Or even the way Saturday talks in a deep south accent and slang? Hint: it's not.

V: She said on Twitter she writes Noisemaster specifically to imitate the Beastie Boys. Also hnnnggg yes linguistics :fap:

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 19, 2013