Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
For the longest time I was put off by this comic because hiimdaisy stopped doing Persona 4 comics for this.

Then I actually gave it a chance.

I was wrong and I'm sorry, this comic is amazing. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I can just feel Legato seething off-panel.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

:drat:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

'Bout time.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Guys, I'm pretty sure this is going to end in "Ya bro, I hear ya, but you're SO WRONG! I love this poo poo! *boss battle*"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Legato snapped something in Nautilus and there's no going back.

Either that, or it was always there; waiting to be unleashed. :unsmigghh:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

poo poo just got even realer. :stare:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Just like that.

e:f;b

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 28, 2014

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

SgtSteel91 posted:

If it really was the Nightmare Knight, why do this? Because the Hero cannot actually ever lose? Everyone must play their part, no deviations or going off the script whatsoever?

I'm guessing, NK isn't actually evil and hates his job, but is powerless to change anything so he just wants to get it all over with.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Oh yeah I'm totally down for Parfait's ultra-french escape adventures :woop:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tomato is totally dumb enough to fall for the Wounded Gazelle Gambit.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nightmare Knight showing something other than boredom or abject disgust is sure something. :3:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

We're reaching critical :3:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Why is gigi so good at panel transitions? :allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tendales posted:

Nightmare Knight throws the letter in a ditch somewhere, and Princess Parfait never brings up this 'friendship' nonsense again.

The darkest part of my mind want Gigi to do this, for maximum nerd crushing potential. :unsmigghh:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

That's the secret to sealing him away. The completed Dream Sword conjures up a pretzel so massive it takes NK a 1000 years to eat it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

After Parfait Adventures I don't think I can take anymore :3:, please don't do this GiGi.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Saigyouji posted:

It's kind of hilarious (and a little sad) that the world conquering wanted space criminal (granted, one who doesn't seem to be quite sure why she's doing the conquering in the first place) is a better parental figure than Cabbage.

Cabbage is the true final boss, I'm calling it now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I describe it as "Paper Mario with the serial numbers filed off, as a webcomic" to my friends.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Someone send this to G.G. :unsmigghh:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Piano, the most :smugdog: princess.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I just remembered I have some pizza in the fridge I should probably eat.

Thanks, Obama Gigi!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

jesus christ Rosemaster. :stare:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Rumda posted:

Well see that after we see KN skipping through a field of flowers in bright sunlight.

Knowing this comic, I wouldn't be surprised to see that either.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

pandaK posted:

Nautilus is hosed, she's a pure water-type aint no way she's going to be able to fight Rosemaster without some sort of gimmick or two.

Maybe Liquus knows Ice Beam?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Almond is, as expected, too eager to beat the poo poo out of Cuco.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Or she could just not like the posting culture here. I don't blame her honestly.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dang I was not expecting Carrot's redemption to happen so quickly after his fall. Most others would let that character arc stew a bit more.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

So Carrot is gonna chop a bunch of dudes in half and it's gonna be bloody as hell, except it'll be okay because they're just robots and it's just oil, right?

And his shirt will get ripped off and have his sword/bow in his teeth!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

So Rosemaster used to Crocus AND fused with Glitchmaster?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

I didn't used to understand why Gigi doesn't come here any more; thanks, thread, for opening my eyes. I don't think I've ever seen anyone bitch so relentlessly about a comic they supposedly like.

What happened to just checking out for the boring bits? Put it down, go do something else and come back later. It's a real loving downer reading post after post about how one monologue must mean we're headed for five more years of nothing but artsy monologues because it's not like this a comic that has changed in mood or theme before?

The only issue with pacing right now is that it's taking literal months to get through and y'all are a bunch of whiny man babies.

...Or it could be because people get hyperbollically mad and rush to defend their precious webcomic author over pretty mild criticism.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Maybe he's baking up the 8th Disaster Master?

Cakemaster: the sweetest Disaster Master. :3:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

havenwaters posted:

She said she didn't like it a couple times and joked about how the show doesn't even pronounce peridot right. The internet being the internet disagreed and it's escalated from there.

How bad did it actually get? Maybe I'm underestimating things, but past events seem to indicate GiGi is pretty easy to piss off.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

So, as Pyroi asked last page, we know know it's more Kamen Rider than Sailor Moon.

I wouldn't be so sure, there was that live-action Sailor Moon show (that sucked).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I really hope NK fesses up, there's too much build up for this as it is.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Carrasco posted:

Eh, it's the underlying mystery of the entire comic, it would be kind of weird if he just hadn't told anyone because they didn't ask.

At the same time, we are dealing with webcomic pacing. So I'd rather not have it drag out until the last arc. Plus, I'm eager to see where GiGi takes the story once everything is laid bare.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Huh, maybe she's not so bad. Maybe she's trying to give him a chance to redeem himself.

Or maybe she's just doing it for a selfish petty reason, like she wants to constantly relive her glory days or something.

I think it's just incompetence. She probably has no idea about NK's little change of heart, but he's out so get the Dreamsword and a hero together because that's worked for the past few millennia.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

IMJack posted:

I just woke up but I can't recall anything she's contributed to her own plot to conquer the world beyond finding out about the Disaster Stones and convincing Peridot and Tomato to help her.

She took over the Doughnut Kingdom's castle, had Peridot petrify most everyone there, and locked up Parfait.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Happy New Years page from GiGi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What do you think Saturday/Azalea's end game is? Do you think she actually has a plan involving all the stuff she's taken or do you think she just likes stealing things...?

Azalea has legit kleptomania and her dads can't get her help because they're afraid about how it would look.

Doesn't help that Brambleby's totally enabling her.