Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

At one point she said “Don’t make your first major project a years-spanning webcomic.” and so yeah I’m not surprised.

Honestly I’m expecting Paranatural to suffer the same fate since Morrison’s hand is going to fall off at this rate. Turns out a putting out a comic book all by yourself every month is hard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think it was her baby and, while she obviously still loves it, who you were eight years ago can be a very different person compared to who you are now. I don’t think she intended CQ to be her magnum opus or even a large project. And maybe as she matured as a writer and artist, the scope of the story just kept growing and growing. I guess what I’m saying is that she doesn’t like, secretly hate CQ or whatever, but that she probably didn’t anticipate that she’d still be working on it eight years later. Considering it was among her first professional projects as an artist, she likely had to forgo a lot of other opportunities because of the time demanded by CQ.