Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Weapons in the Doughnut Kingdom are baller as gently caress evidently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-213/

It's not gonna be Cosmo, is it?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

This one should be better.

I don't have PMs so I'll just say that this (credit to Ryaomon) with the text "Diggle Hell is a Real (Swingin') Place" would be appreciated.

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 23, 2012

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Vanderdeath posted:

I've been following this comic for a little bit now and I think it's a fun and light romp but I can't help but be put off by the Noisemaster's "yo, yo, homey that's wack!" sorta faux-urban speak. It kind of rings of cultural appropriation used only for humor. I'm not decrying racism or anything of the like, but seeing ebonics played for laughs takes me right back to the same issue I had with Tiny Tina in Borderlands 2. It feels like a cheap way to get a laugh.

I've been feeling the same way about Noisemaster, but haven't been able to put it in to words. His dialogue just doesn't feel right to me.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
And with this, Noisemaster regains my hope of becoming a good character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the idea that any artist owes people their money back for consuming the art they spent hundreds of hours working on is patently ridiculous and no thread should be subjected to pat's views on anything