Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Is it a fake Dream Sword, or is it reverse psychology to make Cuco think it is a fake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Probably one of these swords that can only be unsheathed for a good purpose. ("Checking that the sword you've been given isn't actually a fake" isn't a Morally Good purpose.)

Either that or Cabbage was wrong and the chosen hero really is Almond. Which would make of the comic some editorial about gender roles, preconceived ideas, predetermination, sexism and discrimination, which isn't what I think GGDG is going for.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jazu posted:

The only love interest thing that will happen is that someone will meet someone and blush, and nothing will come of it.

What, you mean there's no unrequited love from Sir Tomato towards Princess Parfait or Dame Lettuce towards Sir Tomato or a possibly requited one between Sir Carrot and Princess Parfait?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So if she's not a tiny bunnyman like the others, what is she? What has pointy ears and preys on bunnies? Fox if I know.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
And this is how Saturday became Slenderday.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

I don't know how they're going to defeat the Disaster Masters now!

Well it's obvious anyway that the Disaster Masters cheat to begin with. Carrot has attack ★★★, Splashmaster has defense ★★; and yet when Carrot attacks Splashmaster he loses! :downs: (What do you mean, "these stats are a silly joke irrelevant to the story"?)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

the2ndgenesis posted:

I'm beginning to wonder how Peridot ended up being employed by Cordelia in the first place.

Cordelia's only other minions are the BLT trio.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Too bad she didn't make one with Commander Caboodle.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Well, we know Nautilus got her Liquus summon from it, so there had to be other spells once upon a time. (It is possible that the bathtub drain one is the only spell remaining, though.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Comically oversized bathtub drain on the bottom of the cage; the prisoners can escape through the shipwreck on which they're placed. If Splashmaster's still sleeping, that's a sneaky way to rescue everybody.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Razorwired posted:

I hope Crabbro gets a character card with a Bro stat that rivals Cabbage's Jerkface.

Or maybe something like this:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Psalmanazar posted:

How the hell are the magic spells going to figure in a limbo competition?

Create drain under the limbo bar, remove it, pass through the hole?

Alternatively: create drain under the limbo bar, remove it, let the squid get stuck in it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-270/

A masterful splash.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Quick, Cucumber! Drain the sea away, or your friends will drown!

I don't know whether the bathtub spell will be useful soon, or whether it'll wait until the readers have forgotten about it before becoming instrumental in the grand finale against the Nightmare Knight.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wili posted:

The problem with that is...

So I wonder what kind of clever solution will they come up with. I have to say that so far the battle against Splashmaster has been a lot more challenging that I expected it to be.

I read that as removing the drain, not the stopper. In other word, it's a completely different capsule to dispel the "add oversized drain" capsule.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm half expecting Almond to break that combo, though.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Woah indeed. This is more violent than I imagined this comic getting.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I first read the sound effect as "GHHHHHHHHOST".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They don't need to find a way to seal the stones permanently, they just need to find a way to hide them competently.

I'd also think that this is foreshadowing.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 13, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Fetus posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-283/

Congratulations!

6 masters left? Now I'm starting to see the Paper Mario influence. And wow, how long has Chapter 1 been going on?

We'd been aware that there were seven Disaster Masters plus the Nightmare Knight (and the corresponding seven plus one Disaster Stones) for a while. There's on Disaster Master for each of the seven kingdoms.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
See, this is the typical problem with any "summon the all-powerful big bad to become the master of the world" scheme -- if you aren't more powerful than it, it will not want to share; and if you were more powerful, you wouldn't have needed to summon it in the first place.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Don't worry, Peridot, you'll just need to wake up early to catch the Tuesday morning's rerun of the Monday evening's episode.

I'm also sure that Knit is the Nightmare Knight's actual name ("Nightmare Knight" being just a title).

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Same reason Saturday is so Southern despite there being no Dixie.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Calaveron posted:

Also, Bacon confirmed as not being a bunny person.

Why couldn't he be a bunny pig?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm kind of on the fence about it. Parfait's head is kind of in the way.

Gimme a few minutes, I'll try something.

Edit: Good enough?

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 22, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dr Pepper posted:

She's obviously a summoner. :colbert:

She only has one minion she can summon, though, so maybe it's more like a familiar/animal companion/whatever? I'm gonna go with Nautilus is a druid.

So:

Cucumber: Wizard
Almond: Fighter
Carrot: Paladin
Nautilus: Druid

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Fish 18, Heart-Note-Smile-Star.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Okay, Cosmos is actually a minion of the Nightmare Knight. There's no other explanation possible.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

Let's talk about Bacon indeed.

I'm kind of disappointed the Bacon profile didn't have like, paragraphs on how Bacon is soooo great as I think that woulda been a better gag (if a little too cliched), but I guess the little guy's self-esteem is just that low.

Or just five stars in all three traits and just "Bacon is awesome" for a description.

Though to be honest, I expected Bacon be a bunnyman on his cast picture.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I hoped Saturday would have somehow accidentally stolen the bomb.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If Brambleby wasn't unanimously held as being the best character before, it very well drat should be now!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So, once Cosmo is out, the ocean train works pretty well.

... Wait, with Cosmo out, is there anybody on the train who knows how to decelerate and stop? Or will they crash into the trainstationdock?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Also, they're not all named after vegetables. There are fruits (Almond) and pastries (Bagel, Baguette, Parfait, etc.). And also Bacon. I guess they're just named after food in general.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Each reward tier is sponsored by one of the characters. Naturally, Cabbage gets paid the most.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
please be crabbro please be crabbro please be crabbro please be crabbro

Just kidding, it's going to be Cosmo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Took me a few seconds to notice it's makeup.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I guess inbreeding is a bad idea even in bunny lands where princesses are needed every 500 years or however long it was.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Paul.Power posted:

Ah, but she's wearing a different dress!

She wears her normal dress under the costume. That's how it works in adventure games.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-349/
Real link to the page, because posting a direct link to the image itself is rude.

Blackheart posted:

Also yes, by now it's already clear he has a speaker monoeye.

Splashmaster only had one eye too. Are all the Disaster Masters cyclopses?

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 2, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Princess Piano is responsible for the eeeeeeeeeee, but what is making the mmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She could make separate character profile pages for each chapter.