Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Comrade Question posted:

Speaking of avatars, have half an actual dozen more:

Where did these come from? I don't recognize them from the story and want to see more! Unless they DID all come from the story and I just don't remember.

This comic owns bones. I crack up at every single page, and that's pretty amazing for something designed to suit little kids. I can definitely see me sharing this with a little nephew or niece one day.

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Splashmaster cracks me up. Can anyone guess what it says on his crown? I can make out "Lim-- Ki[ng]" and not much else.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Comrade Question posted:

I for one just hope that Almond spares Splashmaster's life. I think he's adorable, in a giant squidmonster kind of way.

I wouldn't worry about that! This doesn't strike me as the kind of story where people die. Sealed back into a stone, put in jail, whatever, but probably not killed.

Also I love how Almond doesn't give a poo poo and just immediately starts telling him off while catching this other lady without missing a beat.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Holy gently caress this went from like 1k to 12k in the course of a couple of hours. Awesome. She definitely deserves it though!

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Yeah, if she has a day job, she might be able to quit at this point and focus 100% on her art and basically do whatever she wants, which is the dream goal of most artists.

I'm sure she can do it now that she's raised nearly five times as much as she set out to make and clearly has a dedicated fanbase willing to chip in financial support. If her book gets significantly enhanced by all this extra money and she can market and distribute it on a larger scale, she could be done working regular jobs from here on out, which would be great!

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Comrade Question posted:

Does this technically reduce Cabbage's dungeon term?

This whole Kickstarter thing has put a bad taste in my mouth. Look what happens when you get money involved in Caketown politics.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

DrManiac posted:

I really hope CQ doesn't become the next HomeStuck in terms of horrible fans :(

I wouldn't worry about that. Few things other than Homestuck have the potential to make idiotic teenagers think that spitting in a communal bucket in a public restaurant is a good idea. If CQ results in something equally terrible, I will be genuinely surprised, and after all my time on the internet, that would be a real feat.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Megazver posted:

Armchair script doctors are the best!

I like how this person hasn't figured out that we are only just now on Chapter 1, which is usually not where the dynamic character development really takes off in a story.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

"You ok, bro?" Hahahahahahaha oh man this comic just kills me.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Oh man, lost it at the star glasses. This comic is perfect.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

"Name's Crabbro, but bros call me bro" remains one of my all-time favorite lines from anything EVER, and I am so pumped to see what else this dude has to say.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Isra the Great posted:

Just received my kickstarter book and prints today, the prints are really good quality too, all shiny and a little bit thicker then a good quality photo paper, so even better then I was expecting.

Taking one of those :allears:.

Perfect.

Also, the "You OK, bro?" panel has to be the funniest single moment in the whole thing so far for me, but it's not too far ahead of a lot of others.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wonder if that works in space

You never know how crazy this comic may get!

We've already seen one spaceship so who knows!

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Man, I want a Limbo Dimension Generator.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Uh oh. Now we're stuck in Limbo nightmare hell forever.

Or perhaps you could just call it... Limbo Limbo :downsrim:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Bet now he's reading Get Utmost Maximum Paid.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

C'mooooooon [sun]!

:cmon:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

The GIG posted:

Turns out Cosmo installed hydraulics and the rest of the journey is the train bumping it to dubstep.

So pretty much this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WXQL_pJc2I

Also, what is Cosmo's hair supposed to be made out of? Looks like fudge or something.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I love how the bomb's expression appears to change just ever so subtly with each panel.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Oh man, perfect.

The MOM tattoo got me good. What a hilarious comic.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

"She yells so loud the SPACE kingdom can hear!" :allears:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I'm kinda wondering if Noisemaster kidnapped Piano, stuffed her into the noise laser satellite ("it's cold here!"), and is planning to use her screaming to power it when the time's right by getting her agitated :allears:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Imagining Nightmare Knight having the same voice as Moltar really makes this comic great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Akett posted:

Holy crap, I chuckled lightly at a lemons joke.

Gigi Digi's a goddamned wizard.

quote:

Optimism Log 101 – When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into your eyes

Lost it at "Optimism Log" - how can one person be so consistently funny?