Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Boris Galerkin posted:

I was reading an article about RLHF and the company SuperAnnotate was mentioned. Hoping over to their careers page takes you to their LinkedIn where they have the job "Creative Writing - AI Data Trainer (Remote)" listed. From what I can tell at a glance from their website this the same thing as the DataAnnotation job but I don't think they are the same company.

Also I believe Taskup.ai is also owned/run by the same people who run DA.

e: The SuperAnnotate position seems to be a full-time job (or at the very least only want people who can work full time:

e2: There doesn't appear to be any posts on reddit asking about working at/for superannotate, but the company does seem to be legit. This might be another good opportunity, especially if they can guarantee minimum hours.

I appreciate the leads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Duderclese posted:

I appreciate the leads!

Yeah of course! I was hoping DA would have been good to more people here cause they've been really good to me. I'm super jealous of the people who can do 2 full time W-2 jobs cause that's not something I can do with my job, even if it was fully remote (it's not) cause I need to focus too much on it. But some days I know my workload is much lower so I've been trying to work from home on those days to double up with DA. If I ever got booted from DA I might try applying for one of those SA jobs if I think I can swing the hours.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
My search skills are bad because there is exactly 1 post on Reddit about superannotate made only "1 day" ago from right now. It's on r/beermoney and some people mentioned having to submit a video interview thing?

Apparently there's also https://www.remotasks.com/en and it looks like it's also random gig work that pays $15-$20+ per hour but I'm phone posting now so I didn't look into that any further.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Apparently there's also https://www.remotasks.com/en and it looks like it's also random gig work that pays $15-$20+ per hour but I'm phone posting now so I didn't look into that any further.

Saw this post and took a chance on remotasks. I'm going through the assessment stuff in another tab and it's seems like it will take a few hours to complete it all. And it doesn't look like there's any way to pause and come back to it. So, if anyone is going to sign up, do it when you have some time set aside. I wish didn't start it at 10:30pm with a couple of beers in me.

Anyway, so far it's been the usual: Login with Google or FB, verify your ID by scanning your license and face, read a couple security slides, and then start the assessments. They say they're shooting for college-level writing. Solely focused on AI prompts and responses. I'll post again once I've gone through the tests.

For context, I've been doing stuff on Appen for a couple of years now but that's kind of dried up. I'm only on two ongoing projects right now, with the occasional short term thing. We'll see how this goes.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Paying2Lurk posted:

I wish didn't start it at 10:30pm with a couple of beers in me.

Currently right here with ya buddy :respek:

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Also I believe Taskup.ai is also owned/run by the same people who run DA.

Can confirm it’s the same account and the same “Thanks for taking the starter assessment” page. So once you sign in you’re in the same system even if the web address is different.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I also tried Remotasks, I started trying some of the onboarding/training but it took a while to get the hang of knowing exactly which pixels counted as being inside the box for distant small cars so I redid the training until I got it right. I started a second training task and found myself able to get it right first time every time - however the second task had 16 parts which I didn’t realise until I’d pressed start already. It got really late so I left the tab open intending to finish this morning, and so far that seems to be ok. Edit: completed that onboarding successfully and feel quite pleased at how much better I was doing at the end compared to at the start.

I’ve already been fired from the other kind of task because I didn’t agree with the answer key for which AI generated picture was better or good or bad. I’m not sure how that kind of task is even supposed to work, they classified black blobs and blue smears as “good” when neither looked like what they were supposed to. I think that type of task was too subjective for me and the hints for what kind of answers they expected didn’t align with what the answer key showed once the test actually started.

And to be honest I think I’d rather draw boxes around cars which is training AI to do something useful and tedious rather than doing anything associated with AI “art”.

Edit:
I have been fired from a second project because a reviewer rated most of my answers as "Incorrect", while rating "Good" as the correct answer, for generated/edited images that had very obvious problems and were okay at best. I think there are reviewers abusing the system to make sure newcomers are immediately removed from projects so that there is less competition from tasks. Remotask's policy is that once "the system" removes you, you can't rejoin a project so it seems to be really easily abused. I'm filing a dispute but it seems barely worth it for the few cents I've been paid.

Stoca Zola fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 10, 2024

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I miss having my gig income play money and could get in on this. :smith:

OTOH, I've enjoyed having the time back after 10 years of it, and using downtime to do more fun things.

I also saw this the other day.

https://blog.google/products/search/google-search-update-march-2024/?fbclid=IwAR0OehQMTsLizGDC5z0_9EmakKeyOKvwBAedzQuPSTq6fR5_GToL8MmijXY

quote:

We’re updating our spam policies to keep the lowest-quality content out of Search, like expired websites repurposed as spam repositories by new owners and obituary spam.”

This was WritersDomain/Boostability's entire business model! Every single lovely word press blog was some previous business that went under and they snatched up the URL and replaced it with a blog. I really wonder what the impact will be

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Google has been saying that they’ve been wanting to fix spam for years but they never seem to do that great job of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

They did fix it. Now you get all the spam, no limits!