Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...

Spartan421 posted:

Anyone doing Crowd Sourcing for Appen Butler Hill? I keep getting e-mails that there are new tasks but I never see them in Marketplace :( Been dry the last few days.

Getting the same thing here, and yeah my hopes that it would be a more private and thus way better mechanical turk have mostly been dashed. Still better than mturk, but still not that great, especially I used do regular Butler Hill work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

Camper Down posted:

So, I am in day 3 of the qualification process for Appen Butler Hill for the Web Search Evaluation (tm) position.

Is anyone here in production with them? If so, I have 2 questions:

How difficult is the final test? I've failed miserably on some of the practice tests because I'm still getting used to what exactly they are asking for (it sometimes seems a bit arbitrary), but I know with more repetition it'll become a lot easier.

Can you work MORE than the 20-22 hours a week required? I like the fact that its a guaranteed "shift" with more than decent pay, but I haven't seen anything about extra hours.

Take this with a grain of salt because I took the test about a year and a half ago and the test's likely changed, but it was tough, but not significantly more than the practice tests. A lot of the stuff does seem arbitrary, but they're usually at least consistent in the way they arbitrarily choose things. Also you can't just work more than the 20-22 hrs/week if you feel like it, but back when I was a judge they'd regularly send out emails during the week saying things like 'we need volunteers for an extra hour per day' etc. So it'll still always be structured, no just work as much as you want, but the possibility of more than 22 is (or at least was) definitely there.

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

The March Hare posted:

Anyone have any idea what the requirements are like to pass the BH internet judge test? They said they would be forthcoming with them but they were not, and now I must wait until Monday to find out if I passed the first test or if I need to take the idiot test.

Check the info they sent again, they're pretty drat specific (though obviously they won't actually tell you your results until they said they will).

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

The March Hare posted:

All I saw was a one-off chart in some training material and the lady on the audio track literally says "I'm not going to explain how we arrive at these numbers." but I kept track of the ones I got right/wrong and how far off I was for each one I got wrong, but I don't know how they weight them :(.

PM'ed.

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

Doghouse posted:

If Butler Hill really has no problems with task shortages go with them. Lionbridge had terrible task shortages quite often.

Other than site maintenance and things like that, no task shortages in 2 years. They're definitely the more 'real job'-ish of the two.