Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
I want to thank everyone who contributed to this tread. I've been accepted at both Daily Transcripts and Textbroker. Textbroker rated my sample a 4! :dance:

But I only got an 80% on the proofreading test :argh:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

Nighthand posted:

The proofreading test is absurdly difficult for something you can only miss one out of ten to pass. Especially since if something is incorrect according to AP style and correct according to Textbroker's rules, it's correct according to the test. There's just no defined place to find Textbroker's guidelines and what differs.

On the plus side, my first article was already accepted! A good start.

Kazmeyer, you mention needing multiple clients to do transcription full time. Was it difficult for you to get to that point? I know Daily Transcript mentions on their site that it is possible to make $400-$600 a week if you do enough work, but is that overly optimistic?

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I figured that would be the case. I'm already working full time right now, so being able to freelance full time is more of a long-term goal. My intention is to work with multiple clients (and hopefully be doing multiple types of work) like you said, to make sure I tend to have enough work for myself.

Thanks for your responses, everyone.