Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

Keep on truckin' like a novacane hurricane
I found a list of canadian work at home jobs. You can take calls for U-Haul, do phone surveys for alvanis, do gaming customer service (amongst other things) at alpine access. I sent applications all over that list last night, I'm still waiting on an e-mail. Pretty helpful if you want to work from home:

http://workathomemoms.about.com/od/callcenterdataentry/tp/Work-At-Home-Jobs-Canada.htm

There's also a more extensive page on work from home sites from the US and from what I've seen it looks pretty legit so check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

Kubricize posted:

This is a pretty good list, in the middle of applying for anything I fit the requirements for. Thanks for the list and post updates of your luck finding anything!

I also applied on Kijiji ads for work at home positions and two businesses told me I was selected. First one is JMN Virtual Services and the second one is Arise.com. Arise's website looks a lot more legit so if I were to pick one I'd go with them. You basically take calls for Rogers communications as a customer service agent or tech support (it isn't clear which one it is, perhaps it's both).

The downside is that you have 5 weeks and a half of unpaid training to do so that's a pretty big number. When I say unpaid I mean you get 100 dollars for completing the 5 weeks training and then you're good to go to start taking calls. I'm still undecided as to what I'm going to do. I might start the training to give time for U-Haul to contact me and then drop it or keep at it if I don't hear from any of my preferred employers. I'll update if I find something with paid training and good working conditions.

Edit: I just read Arise's FAQ and you need to be incorporated which costs 200$ or work for a contractor for arise, pay 100$ for the training (which they say is now free for a limited time) and get various other things to build a home office. So if you're prepared to do that it looks like you will get work. JMN looks like it has less requirements but the website is a bit shady.

pastorrich fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 10, 2012

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

So for you folks in Canada (I think they're hiring in the US too), I've stumbled upon an article on About.com (that I can't find anymore) and I've been working from home as a customer service representative for the past month and a half. I take calls from home, I get about 8 calls an hour from sunday to wednesday so there's lots of free time to browse SA on my laptop. I get paid 10.15$ an hour (that is in quebec) and I can work from home. So if some of you guys are interested go to their website and type work from home in the search field of their careers site. It's working for me so far, I like it. You need a PC computer (I'm not sure if MAC works), at least 2 MB Download and 1 MB upload internet speed and a USB headset. It cost me about 15 bucks more of internet per month to get the upload speed right and 40 bucks for the headset. There's three weeks paid training from home and then you're on your own. Worth it for students.