Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

Monarchy posted:

If it takes you longer than a week to write 5 articles, you gotta give me an update. Already hiring a handful of guys and it's been great.

Echoing this is legit, work is good, and it's me. I'm the slow one. Finals is almost over though and then I can keep writing sweet sweet articles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

Nighthand posted:

Dear Textbroker Client: If you want "thoughtful and well thought out revisions" when all you give me as a comment is a grammar change, shove off. I'm not spending an hour revising an article you're paying me $5 for, especially not when it was a challenge cramming in all the info you wanted anyways. Also, there's the 5-star level if you want better next time.

Sincerely, Passive-Aggressively Posting on an Internet Forum You'll Never See.

I keep getting docked by TB's editors for my comma usage, but ~my girlfriend~ got the mother of all insults today. Her client rated an article as low as they possibly could and left a comment akin to "You, should, review, your, overuse, of, commas!" with a suggestion she sign up for Grammarly (which turns out to be horrible, expensive, and the sample edit she did gave her a virus).

I'm looking forward to getting some stuff done on Constant Content.

As an aside, has anyone writing for Monachy heard from him lately?

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

The March Hare posted:

He sent me an email a week ago saying that his most recent bank deposit was "being sat on" and that he would "let me know the minute things cleared up."

I emailed him this morning about it, still waiting on a response. He's paid up several times for me so I'm not totally without hope (yet) but yeah we'll see.

Yeah, I heard about the bank hold about two weeks ago...and nothing since. I sent an e-mail a few days back to get an update with no reply yet. I get bank holds but the lack of updates is a little worrying, since I'm still owed money. Hopefully he's just busy and things clear up soon.

As far as commas I've reviewed their style guide and apparently I'm still not getting it. At first it was too many commas, then it was too few, then it was commas in the wrong place...now I'm just getting 3-star ratings without comment, so I'm assuming commas are still the problem.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

kazmeyer posted:

So has anyone gotten an update/gotten paid by Monarchy yet?

After not hearing from him for three weeks I sent him an e-mail a couple of days ago. He did reply right away, saying he thought he e-mailed me a while ago to give me an update, but I hadn't gotten anything.

He says his partner's bank is still investigating the account, so there's no access to the money right now. So...I guess pretty much the same thing that was happening three weeks ago?

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

Every Man Jack posted:

Monarchy has been really good at paying me previously, so I'm not too worried about it. How long has it been since you turned in your articles?

Three weeks.

He did just send out another e-mail update to everyone, so that's good.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Previous e-mail said payment would be on the 27th, got an on the 26th to confirm how much I was owed and that payment was coming, nothing since then.

Although I still haven't turned in this other set of articles, so that could be my bad.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
I understand stuff happens, absolutely, so I was glad to hear from him when he said he'd be paying out on the 27th at the absolute latest-that was his everything-goes-wrong-worst-case-scenario date. But it's not the 27th anymore.

Bummer.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
I did, but I haven't done any work on it tbh. I wanted to make sure the money was coming through. So at least there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

Monarchy posted:

What I'm doing now is selling the stuff that is off pretty good quality along with a bunch of my own work and paying out of that, and/or removing peoples material (if posted) and replacing it with my own stuff. You don't get paid, but you also don't have to worry about being defrauded.

Of course the issue with this is that most of the stuff I've written is pretty specific to what Monarchy wanted. I'm not sure how to market five articles on coffee makers to the general public, after all. So the odds that I'm going to get a roughly equal amount of money from this after trying to alter/cobble together what I can is pretty low.

But I suppose I should send an e-mail and see where I fall in that "and/or" situation. Not hopeful either way.