Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Is it normal for for Textbroker to ask for photo id to confirm your identity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:neckbeard: I got a 4! Ah, man, I'm so happy. I'm not supposed to be this happy about some dumb little number on a website, right?

Thanks to whoever suggested textbroker. With DS dying, I needed somewhere new.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

wlokos posted:

I signed up for textbroker, submitted my sample writing, got ranked a four, and then accepted and submitted my first writing piece. All within two hours.

This is awesome. I just started working on another one now - the business category is full of opportunities. We'll see if my submission gets accepted, I guess, before I get too excited.

All 5 of mine have, no problem.

The problem comes in that, they stop you after 5 until Textbroker reviews your stuff. And their notice says it can take up to two weeks. It only happens once but aaah!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Doghouse posted:

So I'm moving from St Louis to Baltimore in a month. I wonder if I can keep my Lionbridge job? I've been at it for 15 months and it's been nice, I really hope so. If not, can I apply to Butler Hill or Leapforce or anything similar? Is textbroker, constant content or transcription the only gigs left?

DS as of a few days ago:

E: VVVV The big drawback to this is if you ever intend to going "pro" and getting a publishing company to print your books and all that great poo poo, some of them take huge issues with not having primary rights to your "first book" or whatever stupid poo poo they're preaching now. I imagine that they'll be killing this a lot as self publishing gets more and more popular, but it's still a thing as of this post and it's a caution if you want to try to "make it big" some day.

No offense to the self publishers. I think you guys are freaking awesome. But it's a snafu I don't want to have to deal with if I can possibly avoid it. :(

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 7, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

tiny mint car posted:

Sounds like there are a few people in the thread who are getting a lot of work from Textbroker. Is it a viable way to clear a living wage 1-2 days a week?

The per-word rate for 3-star and 4-star articles seems low. I'm wondering if it's possible to gross more than $10-12 an hour before self-employment taxes at those rates.

It all really seems to depend on what's available, which is ever-changing. If you find a couple good $5.60 articles that you can write within an hour, hey, that's $11.20 an hour. But you might go a couple hours in between that with nothing you want to/know how to write.