Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hi guys. :)

My partner and I run a service that offers "done for you" blogs that custom design/research/write/promote small websites with different themes.

Instead of hunting down a bunch of unrelated subjects, they're in 5 article bunches of ~500 words apiece on different topics. I'll provide a subject and a list of keywords:

(ex - BABY STROLLERS - McLaren Volo Stroller XL, Lightweight Strollers, Bob Duallie Stroller, McLaren Triumph. Gracie Flint Stroller)

...and you write something nice for it. Sometimes it's product reviews, sometimes it's general advice, and none of is hard to research at all.

It's a tiny bit less than Demand Studios ($60 per batch of five, that is, $12 per article) but way less insane and demanding... we don't need citations for anything (trusting you not to plagiarize here). If it takes you longer than a week to write 5 articles, you gotta give me an update. Already hiring a handful of guys and it's been great.

My email is zba.buchanan at gmail, so drop off a sample or two and your paypal and we'll get started. Thank ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Apparently I got mentioned once or twice in here, so I thought I'd update here!

Everyone gets paid tomorrow. I'll probably be emailing everybody tonight and making sure that I have them squared away for the correct amounts and everything (even those of you that sent invoices in, I'm really thorough like that)!

Then we're hibernating for a week or two to figure out what the next move is. We're doing something and it'll pay the same. [I'm trying to think of ideas where we own the sites and the original writers can keep credits for their portfolios, no promises though]...

When we figure it out, we'll email. Thanks to everyone who was kind and patient and otherwise through a crummy few weeks.

Also, I apologize to the 2-3 goons who emailed me that I didn't get back to. My inbox is an insane, hate-filled nightmare :(

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Sorry to go an extra two days without personally contacting everyone. I'll be doing that in a bit.

Reminder: I don't have ultimate access to the bank, or to my partner's account. Despite all that, I've paid for a lot of you guys out of my own pocket in the past and spent the last two days trying to continue to do so, because I thought "I'm paying people" was a more useful update than "Well, sorry yet again guys, but..."

Anyway. I'm giving everyone the option of getting their work back instead of waiting 2 days or 2 weeks or however long this process takes. I'm emailing customers, instructing them to take previously written stuff down, and replacing it with my own work free of charge. That doesn't pay for anyone's time, but it does allow you to market your stuff and get paid for it in a timely manner. In the meantime, I will keep plugging away at this issue. There's no point in me relaying anyone's word over the situation since they clearly can't be relyed on.

Nobody likes being thought of as a con-artist, but the only resource I've got to fix the situation is my time, and I plan on using it the best I can. I will email everybody personally in a couple hours after I've had some sleep.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Zeta sent me a pm asking me what was going on. I hope he doesn't mind me making that a public post because I'd like everyone to be on the same page.

About two months ago I posted looking for help clearing a really big backlog in a website-making service. Everybody chipped in, things were great, everybody got paid promptly for about a 2 month period. We hired a couple people from other places, and we paid out about 50,000 a month. Late May, the bank froze the owner's account and placed it "under review". Obviously that froze him out of his personal finances, me out of one of my major gigs, and a bunch of the guys here out of whatever they were working on.

I guess the idea is to stop you from doing business for a couple of months and if you're still in business after that, you're doing something illegal?

Total outstanding amount is around 1500 dollars owed to seven or eight different people. I can't put a date on when it is getting resolved - the bank reopened the account on Monday, but they still aren't letting anything go out. Maybe we get the go ahead...tomorrow, maybe longer. I'm not going to bother passing along anybody's estimates anymore.

What I'm doing now is selling the stuff that is off pretty good quality along with a bunch of my own work and paying out of that, and/or removing peoples material (if posted) and replacing it with my own stuff. You don't get paid, but you also don't have to worry about being defrauded. (used an email address with my real name on a forum I've been a member of for years and paid out thousands of dollars... kind of unlikely? maybe?)

Anyway, take what you wrote and sell it/build your portfolio/whatever.

Like I said, I'm pretty easy to contact, but if I don't get to you right away its because I'm really busy!

edit: eggplants, that's certainly a new rule to me. isn't there a post a job opening thread for this exact purpose?

Monarchy fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 29, 2012