Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Doghouse posted:

Ha, yeah, I saw that Goonerotica thread. No way I am doing that, but it is a clever way of making money. It seemed from the Self Publishing thread that goons have not made a lot of money from non-erotica stuff. I love writing fiction and that seems really neat but I am highly skeptical. Also writing good fiction takes a lot of time.

Hmm. I wonder what I should do about moving. I wonder if I could somehow keep my bank account here and just not tell them. I suppose they would see that I am logging in from a different site, but I don't know if that would matter. I also wonder why they care where I live?

Dude, I worked in different states from where I was "located" for like 9 of the 12 months I was with Leapforce. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll get rid of you for other reasons first.

On a side note, I applied for Lionbridge to make some extra money. Answered the application questions honestly and told them I have worked for LF in the past. They sent me an email to confirm that was true, and I'm going to respond honestly again. We'll see what comes of it. Here's to hoping...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Sushi X posted:

Anyone applied for Leapforce recently? After submitting all my information including resume, they are asking me to take an assessment test which I can start at any time. This seems fairly new because I never read about this going through prior post about Leapforce. I plan on taking it later after getting some rest but I just want a heads up on what to expect on this test so I can ace it.

I worked for leapforce like 4 years ago and they had a prequalification exam. My wife tried to fudge it without doing her homework, and bombed. Read the materials, and reference them while you take the test. The test WAS (half a decade ago) just like the work, so if you don't like the material on the test, beware what you're signing up to do.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Straker, glad you're enjoying it. I've thought about reupping with them for a few extra bucks a month but just haven't pushed myself as I was really burnt out on the style of the work. Might try it out with the changes.