Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

I appreciate the suggestion for Data Annotation! I signed up shortly after Boris made his post but was never even invited to take the coding exam. Ever since I registered I just get the language about how there are no current projects available to me.

I filled out my profile page with a bunch of skills, including Python and “Other” programming languages where I mentioned in the description that I have high level SQL skills.

Am I missing something for taking the coding exam? I didn’t see an option to sign up for a “coding project” account vs. a non-coding account, but maybe I missed something obvious. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

After creating my account I was immediately greeted with the “We don’t have any projects for you” language even though I hadn’t filled out any skills in my profile. And I was never given an option to take any of the exams. It’s a bummer because this seems like the best side-gig I’ve seen in a long time. :(

Trying not to take it personally lol

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Duderclese posted:

Possibly weird question, but did you give them a LinkedIn profile with tech-ish skills listed?

Appreciate your response!

I hadn't but I just added it. I also realized there was an option to validate your phone number in the profile page so I did that too. We'll see if any of that helps.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

On Sunday morning I added my LinkedIn profile and revamped the free text area of the profile page with nice write-up that gives my relevant professional history and skills. Unfortunately, I still do not have any projects available to me.

I'm actually thinking about deleting my account and creating a new one with everything completed from the get-go. I'm wondering if I've been relegated to the reject pile from the initial state of my profile and don't stand much of a chance to be 'rediscovered'.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Ehud posted:

Never got any work from DA. Signed up for Outlier yesterday. No work from them yet.

No one wants my skills :smith:

I never heard back from DA or RemoTasks. It was pretty frustrating after putting in so much time on the sign-up and assessments.

How was the process for Outlier, in comparison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Astro7x posted:

So I signed up for Outlier on Tuesday, got the email today that I was invited to their onboarding process for Generalist Tier 3 that pays $35/hr. It said it would take 4 hours, but it was maybe closer to 2 1/2.

Lots of training, but the 4 test assessments were harder than I thought they would be. Some were very subjective, and one of them I got a poor score on. So I will wait and see I guess.

It seems very promising if I am accepted and it's hourly and not per task. Because some required a lot of thinking and others did not, and I can get why they don't want people to rush through tasks.

Was there a way to pause or come back to the assessments if you can't finish them all in one go? DA and Remotasks didn't seem to have this option and, frankly, I generally don't have 3-4 hrs to fully dedicate at one time.