Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dbadeb
Oct 25, 2010

Armitage posted:

No iphone means I'm NRT in LF for awhile until it gets fixed. Sent email to LF explaining the situation so hopefully it'll work out. I won't get my phone back until sometime next week at the earliest. Kinda bummed with no work, as iphone SxSes are the only tasks I get.

Why do you only get iPhone SxS? Just curious...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dbadeb
Oct 25, 2010

Derek79 posted:

One thing that I have rarely seen posted are at home phone jobs. In addition to Leapforce and various writing gigs, I have been with a company called LiveOps since May of 2007.

I applied at LiveOps shortly after you posted this message. I've done all the steps up to an including the Voice Audition, but my application has been stuck in "Your Qualification is Being Processed" ever since. How long does this process typically take?

dbadeb
Oct 25, 2010

Derek79 posted:

You know, I'm not really sure. I started with them in May 2007 and the process was pretty quick at that point. Summer is generally the slower time as far as Direct Response goes but they could just be waiting for another program to seed.

Thanks :) I'm hoping that since I haven't heard a "no", my app might must be sitting and waiting. I guess we'll see.

dbadeb
Oct 25, 2010
Just a quick FWIW:

LiveOps: I applied at LiveOps April 17. It took so long to hear back from them, I forgot about it! Got an email invitation to complete the process this week. Did the paperwork and background check today. Will update.

Leapforce: I've been with Leapforce for about 22 months. LF isn't a perfect company, but I really don't have any complaints. I've worked anywhere from 40 - 110 hours per month. There is certainly enough task availability to work this job full-time if you're a person who can sit and do repetitive tasks over and over for hours on end :) I'd like to, but no success so far. I go brain-dead. I've had PA status since Nov 2011, so the extra $ has been nice. Never had any trouble with invoicing or getting paid. You really need to be comfortable with being left alone to sink or swim, because there is little communication.

dbadeb
Oct 25, 2010

gabi posted:

drat, how long does it take usually?

It's hard to remember exactly, but I heard back within a few days of applying (2 or 3?). Took the first test, heard back within hours I think. I spent at least a couple of days reading material and doing sims before taking the second test. I took my time on the second test - I think it took me 6 hours. Heard back 10 days after submitting the second test. So I would say, assuming they respond right away to your application, about 2 weeks total.