Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
It said that he won't be able to make payments until the 27th of this month (maybe sooner, but he was being conservative in his estimate he said). Then they will be shutting down and then about a month later starting a new project and they will look to hire the people who have been working for him. Also, he said if you want to write a few more articles before the project shuts down to email him and you can write them and then he will pay you on the 27th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I got a check and a letter last week for a settlement with KGB. The check was for about $20 and was because they classified workers as independent contractors and the govt didn't agree. Anyway, the money was supposed to be reported on your taxes this year as it was a w-2, but I had already filed my taxes. And, the check expired yesterday. The letter says the checks were based on hours worked and money earned- I only made a total of about $25 before I realized how crappy it was there and stopped working. Anyone get any huge checks, I imagine some people made out very well.

e; the letter probably arrived late because I changed addresses from the one I had when I worked there.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK so this is weird. Butler Hill started following me on Twitter awhile ago when I was working for Leapforce. I got fired for not completing 200 tasks in my last month because I thought I was going to get fired for performance. Anyway, I was there for 4 years so that is good experience, but does Butler Hill still not hire Leapforcers? I want to apply there.

e; the weird part is why did they start following me? How did they know?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I regretted leaving Leapforce, it was easy and sometimes fun. I applied to Butler Hill and told them I worked for Leapforce for 4 years, they followed up with what I did, it was SEO, got back to me, said I was qualified but no work right now. Then today, one day later they said I could do Social Media Eval. No pay during training, like Leapforce. 20 hours a week, I guess you do Facebook because you needed to have 200 friends. Anyone have any experience with this, good or bad idea?