Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011
I occasionally get review tasks and the regular URL rating tasks in the old interface, but for the most part it's been all EWOQ2 stuff recently. I don't mind it, but I miss some of the basic tasks at times.

My contract was just renewed, despite the fact that between school and working another job, I sometimes don't even hit 10 hours per week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011

Shadaez posted:

All the Search Engine Evaluation jobs I've seen require a college degree, have any of you got it without one? I'm also interested in what WPM the transcribers here are doing. I can type pretty fast and have thought about doing transcription work in the past, but reading all the rules for it makes it look pretty daunting. Thanks a bunch.

I encouraged a couple co-workers from my other job to apply to Lionbridge, neither of whom have college degrees (well I think one has an associate's but not a BA or anything like that) and their applications were accepted although they failed at the test portion of the application process. This was last year though, I don't know if it's different now.

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011
Is anyone else seeing a lot of NRT in Lionbridge lately? Even last week when they sent me a text saying I could do up to 30 hours, by the weekend when I had time to put in some extra work I got in like 45 minutes on Saturday and 20 minutes on Sunday.

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011
If I browse in other windows/tabs while I'm working it won't track that will it? :ohdear: Some of the task lengths are a bit generous so I sometimes watch Youtube clips or just dick around on internet forums if I have an extra few minutes.

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011

Ramadu posted:

Maybe with this toolbar there will be more tasks. There's been a massive lack of tasks available to do lately any time I can do them, it's pretty annoying.

I haven't had a whole lot of time for tasks the last few days but I got in 90 minutes on Thursday and about 70 minutes so far today, and didn't get the "no tasks" message at all. It was bad throughout June and July but maybe with people going back to school, the work will pick up for everyone else?

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011
They're not that strict. Half the time life kind of gets in the way for me and I only end up with 5 hours for the week even if there's not task shortages. I've been with LB over a year and they haven't said anything to me yet (knock on wood). But if you don't get at least 30 hours for the month you get paid later, just something to keep in mind if you need the money right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011
LB has been letting people work up to 30 hours these past few weeks. They must be hard up for raters, I bet a bunch of people left or went inactive after there were hardly any tasks this past summer.