Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So I have the opportunity to take the Leapforce tests, but is it still worth working for them now and then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

It's worth it for the short term (6 months or so) but gets less so the longer you do it. They're prone to getting rid of people for no reason and the work gets mind numbing after long enough. It's a good paycheck while it lasts though, just don't expect to be doing it a year from now. You might be (some people are) but most people don't last.

6 months is long enough for me, it's just as a side thing to pay down some CC debt.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I failed the second part of that Leapforce exam thingy somehow, despite getting all the practice simulation ones correct :iiam:

I have a feeling that pages that don't load now, but did before still require an answer, although I can't answer it since the page didn't load...

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 18, 2012

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Internet Friend posted:

I searched the forums and barely saw mention of my favorite timekeeping program, ManicTime.

So it's like RescueTime? I guess RescueTime is more for tracking productivity rather than work.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MasterControl posted:

I was quoted 13.50 as well. I'm in the application process right now taking the pre-screen tests and such (you get paid if you pass).

Seems interesting, any special links to apply with?

VVVV Thanks

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 14, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anything I need to know about the Butler HIll prescreen test? :ohdear:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone heard of, or works for, these people?

http://www.write.com/

e: Sounds crappy.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 16, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pon de Bundy posted:

So. . .I failed the Butler Hill test back in July, can I ever reapply again? I was so close too :(

Hopefully I passed, I think I'm very close, but I can't tell with the way they rate it. If not I'd want to reapply because :arghfist:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do fail I'll check out Lionbridge. I've got extra time so why not earn some extra cash. Are the hours consistent and are they capped at ~20?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dabbo posted:

Does anyone have experience working with Fancy Hands? I see them around a lot, but haven't seen a lot of feedback.

They are a legit company, but I have no idea what it would be like working for them.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I passed another Appen thing and am in production and it's hard getting up to the speed they want and still be accurate. Also I wish I could do it on my Macbook :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kazmeyer posted:

Urge to kill client rising. Got one who's trying to renegotiate a pay rate while I'm in the middle of their tape. About to send them the quarter I've finished an an invoice.

EDIT: Quickly resolved when I offered to send back the tape and let them try to find someone to cover it on a Saturday night. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhdANnuJkwc&hd=1#t=57s