Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

Doghouse posted:

So I'm moving from St Louis to Baltimore in a month. I wonder if I can keep my Lionbridge job? I've been at it for 15 months and it's been nice, I really hope so. If not, can I apply to Butler Hill or Leapforce or anything similar? Is textbroker, constant content or transcription the only gigs left?
Officially, Leapforce won't hire you if you've worked with Lionbridge, but they also won't check if you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

Doghouse posted:

I wish they would have some kind of system where you could claim tasks at the beginning of a day, week, or month. I wonder if that is just not feasible, because it would really make a heck of a difference. How do they expect people to do exactly, set aside four hours a day and then just sit and click refresh the whole time? Or just give up after 5 minutes and go play tiddly winks because you arranged your schedule to have four free hours and now there are no tasks? Maybe the whole program is aimed at people with no life at all whatsoever who will anyway be just sitting around watching youtube videos all day?

I guess I can't complain, it pays decently and is decent part time work overall. But I would think that a company like this would put some modicum of effort into trying to make the work at least palatable instead of totally aggravating 100% of its employees.
Well that would probably be aggravating all its own, with people setting alarms to wake up to claim more tasks than they can reasonably do